Browser Protect is a program designed to protect web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome from hijacking. It blocks any attempt to change browser settings fro outside. In other words, it is designed to be a “good guy” among browser hijackers and protect your web browsers against bad ones used for malicious purpose. Ironically, “bad guys” get smart and employed Browser Protect for protecting themselves. If user’s web browsers are not protected by Browser Protect, then it can be installed with any malicious search redirect and used for protecting this redirect against removal. Suppose you get such a protected search redirect set on your computer and try to remove it. You might follow good instructions but still not able to remove settings made by the redirect virus if you web browsers protected from changes made by Browser Protect. So, if you need to remove unwanted or malicious search redirect, first you need to remove Browser Protect from your computer. Then remove search redirect that appears to be stubborn and comes back after any of your attempt to change browser settings until Browser Protect is removed.
This removal guide will help you to remove Browser Protect manually or with a help of Browser Protect Removal Tool. It comes with “Free online support” and “Free one-year-long protection” against stubborn malicious programs.
What is Browser Protect?
Browser Protect is a program that hijacks web browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer for protecting their settings against changes made by malicious programs. Unfortunately, malicious and unwanted programs like search redirect virus use this good program for protecting themselves and blocking changes made by the user who wants to remove redirect virus or unwanted search redirect. If you try to remove redirect virus, then Browser Protect redirects your web browser back to settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect , and your efforts are useless while your web browsers are hijacked by Browser Protect. This program is often installed along with adware programs that redirect user’s web search to a different one. It is used with Babylon, Delta Searcch, MySearchResults, and QVO6 Search adware products and protects them against removal or replacement by other adware programs.
Browser Protect comes with adware that is preset for automatic installation along with a free programs that it is bundled to. The information about additional programs is usually placed in a tricky that let free program developers to earn some money for adware distribution. Users do not expect such addition and do not pay close attention to setup wizards that came with a free program. So, it is easy to install and hard to remove while clicking on promoted links still benefits adware publishers.
You better do not trust any free program and inspect it before installation than get in trouble and waste your time for removing unwanted and stubborn adware programs later.
Browser Protect Removal Tool
For removing Browser Protect you need to uninstall it from your computer and web browsers. Then you need to remove unwanted search redirect and change your browser setting to your preference. It is not that hard, but many computer users fail to do things properly and later they get error messages while trying to remove Browser Protect. It is also possible that malicious redirect virus can obscure uninstalling this program with error messages that are faked for discouraging user from fartehr attempts.
Browser Protect Removal Tool makes removal easy and safe for any user. It is delivered with free anti-spyware program for removing spyware, provides online technical support and comes with money back guaranty. This programs help to delete even legitimate adware and spyware programs like Browser Protect, keyloggers, and surveillance apps used with malicious purpose and not addressed by conventional anti-virus products. Thus, the level of your security and privacy will be greatly improved.
Remove Browser Protect Manually
For manual removal you need to uninstall all the Browser Protect components. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility (or “Programs and Features” for Windows 7 and Vista). (Start this Windows utility program by clicking a link in the Control Panel menu.) Then you need to find and remove Browser Protect and related programs. After this programs are removed, you need to delete Browser Protect hijacking components from all of your web browsers and reset browser default settings changed by the adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer system with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstal Browser Protect adware program
- Click Start button. Then click Control Panel in the system Start menu.
- Double-click “Add or Remove Programs” (“Programs and Features” for Win7 and Vista) in the Control Panel menu.
- Scroll the program list down and highlight “BrowserProtect.exe” item. Remove it and look for other adware programs that you need to delete also.
Remove Browser Protect from Internet Explorer
Remove Browser Protect add-ons from Internet Explorer Browsers
- Start your Internet Explorer and find Tools option in the top menu.
- Click Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions on left side, and look for “BrowserProtect.exe” add-ons on the right.
- Select these items and click Disable. then, restart your browser.
Remove settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect redirect from IE 8
- Start IE8 browser and find Tools in top menu.
- Click Internet Options from the menu list.
- In the Option window open General tab, find a section Search, and click Settings button there
- In the list of search providers select your preferred provider name and click Set as default.
- Find settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect in the list and click Remove button.
Remove settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect redirect from IE 9
- Start the browser and find Tools in top menu.
- Pick Internet Options from the menu and click it.
- Open General tab, find Change search defaults, and click the Settings button.
- Select your preferred provider and click Set as default button
- Remove settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect redirect and like from the list.
Remove Browser Protect from Firefox
Remove Browser Protect add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and find Tools in the top menu.
- Click this option and select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions in the sidebar.
- Find “BrowserProtect.exe” and right-click it. Then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete this operations.
Remove settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Firefox web browser and enter “about.config” in the URL bar.
- Type “Keyword.url ” in the search box and right click it.
- Set it to something different name than settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect and reset this parameter.
- Type “browser.search.defaultegine” in the search box.
- Right click it and reset to something different than settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect
- Type “browser.search.selectengine” in the search box.
- Right click it and reset it to something different than redirect to components that you want to delete. Then look for “browser.newtab.url“, right click it, and reset it for disabling automatic launch of the search redirect components.
- Restart Firefox for a complete removal.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click this option and reset it to something different than settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect .
- Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset it.
Remove Browser Protect from Chrome
Remove Browser Protect add-ons from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on the Wrench icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings from the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed extensions.
- Find and Disable/Delete all “BrowserProtect.exe” add-on.
- Restart your browser.
Remove settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect redirect from Google Chrome
- Launch the program Google Chrome and click on Wrench icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings from the drop down list.
- Find “Search” and click on Manage search engines.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default.
- Find and remove settings made by adware protected by Browser Protect related items.
Kill Browser Protect malicious processes
Remove Browser Protect entries from system registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” =’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
Delete Browser Protect files and folders:
C:\Program Files\BrowserProtect 1.1.2
(C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\)
(C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\BrowserProtect 1.1.2)
Note: This manual removal process is time consuming and might frustrate you unless you have some experience in handling your web browser hijacking components and settings. If your value your time, then use Browser Protect Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your computer system with a free anti-spyware program, provided with removal tool, to delete malware and spyware from your computer system.
Remove Browser Protect Completely
Browser Protect is usually installed along with adware programs and search redirects. It is clear that you wouldn’t want to remove a program like Browser Protect that protects your web browser from hijacking unless you have a good reason to do that. So, I guess, you need to remove some of mentioned above search redirects or any other adware program that uses Browser Protect for its own protection against removal. Use search to find instructions on removing the adware program that you got unless you come from this page to learn more about Browser Protect. Actually, it might be a good idea to use this program for protecting your web browsers after the redirect virus was removed.
Find more about prevention computer infections and protection against malicious programs.