DNS-Locker is an adware program bundled and distributed with popular free programs. If you installed such program and failed to disable DNS-Locker installation, then ads appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. The option is usually present as a marked check box in download client or setup wizard that comes with a free program that you download. If you want to get rid of or DNS-Locker ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove DNS-Locker components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to DNS-Locker adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to DNS-Locker. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
If you want to remove DNS-Locker adware, other malicious programs, and protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter. It comes with real-time protection and have truly reliable malware detection rate. This program also provide very useful free scan results that might help you with DNS-Locker manual removal.
What is DNS-Locker?
DNS-Locker is an adware that infects your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. It consists of a Windows application and similarly named browser extensions specific for web browsers installed on your computer. These adware components are designed for spying on your web browsing and displaying ads related to your browsing history. When you click on such ads, DNS-Locker owners and distributors get some money on pay-per-click basis paid by promoters. While DNS-Locker is not malicious, the downside of using it is wasted web traffic and your compromised privacy that put you at risk of sharing your user’s profile among various sales companies. DNS-Locker is often distributed with free programs that you may download. This adware is deceptively installed unless you disable the optional for DNS-Locker before installing a program or update that you download. Removing DNS-Locker is quite easy, but other adware programs that might come bundled with it are often tricky and stubborn for your removal effort.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
DNS-Locker Adware Removal ToolDNS-Locker Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove DNS-Locker and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to DNS-Locker malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete DNS-Locker components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against DNS-Locker and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove DNS-Locker from Windows
First, you need to uninstall DNS-Locker application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to DNS-Locker adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall DNS-Locker on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "DNS-Locker" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall DNS-Locker on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight DNS-Locker program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall DNS-Locker on Windows XP
Uninstalling DNS-Locker from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on DNS-Locker program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove DNS-Locker from Chrome
Remove DNS-Locker extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find DNS-Locker extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove DNS-Locker from Firefox
Remove DNS-Locker add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find DNS-Locker add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove DNS-Locker from Internet Explorer
Remove DNS-Locker extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on DNS-Locker, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal of DNS-Locker is not difficult by itself. However, if you get a bunch of bundled adware programs or computer infections, you also need to remove these threats to your security and privacy. Use free scanners that come with SpyHunter and DNS-Locker Removal Tool for help or let these programs to take care of the problem.
Remove DNS-Locker Adware Infection Completely
DNS-Locker adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove DNS-Locker you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.