MiniLite is an adware that consists of a Widows program and web browser extension, add-ons, or browser helper objects installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove MiniLite, then you need to remove all of these MiniLite components. Besides displaying ads in your web browser MiniLite compromises your privacy with activities related to web search history tracking. It also wastes your web traffic and load your computer with activities that you barely need. MiniLite is often deceptively installed with popular free programs that you download. This practice is called bundling and involves attaching MiniLite installation program to a setup wizard that came with a free program or a download client used as a wrapper. MiniLite barely would hurt your computer, but some ads might lead to computer infection. You need to be attentive when installing free programs, and if adware programs like MiniLite infect your computer, then it is better to remove them ass soon as possible. Use the guide below for manual MiniLite removal or a MiniLite removal tool that helps to remove other malicious programs and protect your security and privacy.
This guide helps to remove MiniLite manually or using special security software designed for MiniLite removal. SpyHunter not only removes malicious programs. It offers a real-time protection against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) that are not removed by anti-virus software.
What is MiniLite?
MiniLite is a program that offers some useful functions in exchange for annoying ads displayed by bundled adware. It is often deceptively installed on your computer by download clients that wrap a program that you may download from various web sites involved in MiniLite adware distribution. Such distribution is profitable, and free program developers get some profit from promoters that use MiniLite for advertising. That is why its installation is tricky for computer users when some unwanted program sneaks in without any warning. Removing MiniLite is a problem for computer users without experience in adware removal. However, even if you never did it before, you can still easily remove MiniLite by following this removal guide.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like MiniLite, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
MiniLite Adware Removal ToolMiniLite Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove MiniLite and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to MiniLite malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete MiniLite components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against MiniLite and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove MiniLite from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all MiniLite components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall MiniLite on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "MiniLite" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall MiniLite on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight MiniLite program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall MiniLite on Windows XP
Uninstalling MiniLite from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on MiniLite program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove MiniLite from Chrome
Remove MiniLite extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find MiniLite extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove MiniLite from Firefox
Remove MiniLite add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find MiniLite add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove MiniLite from Internet Explorer
Remove MiniLite extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on MiniLite, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual MiniLite removal is not difficult. Complex malware infection is. Other malware and adware programs might be installed on your computer. You need to remove this infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter’s MiniLite Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove MiniLite Adware Infection Completely
MiniLite adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove MiniLite adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software offers a free scanner that helps with manual removal, and you can opt for automated removal, professional support, and anti-malware protection.