PlayGEM is an ad-supported game packed with adware that infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. It hacks visited web pages and converts words to links that promote business partners and cause more popup ads, coupons, and banners displayed in your web browsers. Ad-supported PlayGEM stuff is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this PlayGEM tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. It is possible that some ads displayed by PlayGEM can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. PlayGEM consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions. If you want to get rid of PlayGEM ads, then you need to uninstall PlayGEM application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to PlayGEM adware. See the guide below for details on manual PlayGEM removal, and use PlayGEM removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This removal guide will help you to remove PlayGEM manually or with a help of special software that removes PlayGEM and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is PlayGEM?
PlayGEM is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks on ads, coupons, and other deals. While it is not malicious, PlayGEM is often deceptively installed with other free programs, and this might be not only annoying. Adware often compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history and wastes your web traffic and system resources if you do not really need PlayGEM. Since this adware consists of multiple components installed as a program and web browser extensions, it is more difficult to remove PlayGEM than other Windows programs. The guide below explains how to remove each of PlayGEM components related to browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove PlayGEM, just follow this guide, and you will get rid of PlayGEM ads pretty soon. Certainly, there might be more adware programs responsible for displaying ads in your web browser, and you might need a special program that finds and helps to remove PlayGEM and like adware programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
PlayGEM Adware Removal ToolPlayGEM Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove PlayGEM and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to PlayGEM malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete PlayGEM components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against PlayGEM and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove PlayGEM from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all PlayGEM components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall PlayGEM on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "PlayGEM" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall PlayGEM on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight PlayGEM program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall PlayGEM on Windows XP
Uninstalling PlayGEM from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on PlayGEM program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove PlayGEM from Chrome
Remove PlayGEM extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find PlayGEM extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove PlayGEM from Firefox
Remove PlayGEM add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find PlayGEM add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove PlayGEM from Internet Explorer
Remove PlayGEM extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on PlayGEM, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual PlayGEM removal is not very difficult for a user with an average skill. However, there might be other malicious programs that can cause similar problems or consequences that are more serious. Then, you need to remove all of these infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter and PlayGEM Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove PlayGEM Adware Infection Completely
PlayGEM adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove PlayGEM adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software offers a free scanner that helps with manual removal, and you can opt for automated removal, professional support, and anti-malware protection.