Treasure Track is an adware that offers you to find “gems of the web”. Certainly, it will show a lot of ads in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as soon as you install it. This program is also installed without user’s consent along with free programs from websites that employ bundling practices for monetizing. Treasure Track is not malicious, however adware is not safe either because tracking of your web browsing history might cause some privacy problems if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, Treasure Track can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need.
If you want to get rid of Treasure Track ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove Treasure Track extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove Treasure Track components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove Treasure Track and other malware form your infected computer.
This removal guide will help you to remove Treasure Track manually or with a help of special software that removes Treasure Track and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is Treasure Track?
Treasure Track is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks. While it is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. Treasure Track is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. Treasure Track is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing Treasure Track more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than Treasure Track removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
Treasure Track Adware Removal ToolTreasure Track Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Treasure Track and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Treasure Track malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Treasure Track components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Treasure Track and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Treasure Track from Windows
You need to uninstall all the Treasure Track components manually. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Treasure Track.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall Treasure Track on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Treasure Track" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Treasure Track on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Treasure Track program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Treasure Track on Windows XP
Uninstalling Treasure Track from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Treasure Track program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Treasure Track from Chrome
Remove Treasure Track extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Treasure Track extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Treasure Track from Firefox
Remove Treasure Track add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Treasure Track add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Treasure Track from Internet Explorer
Remove Treasure Track extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Treasure Track, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and Treasure Track are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use Treasure Track Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove Treasure Track Adware Infection Completely
Treasure Track adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove Treasure Track you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.