YellowSend is a free application for sharing files that is, however, ad-supported and deceptively infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. It hacks visited web pages and converts words to links that promote business partners and cause more popup ads, coupons, and banners displayed in your web browsers. Ad-supported YellowSend stuff is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this YellowSend tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. It is possible that some ads displayed by YellowSend can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. YellowSend consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions. If you want to get rid of YellowSend ads, then you need to uninstall YellowSend application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to YellowSend adware. See the guide below for details on manual YellowSend removal, and use YellowSend removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This removal guide will help you to remove YellowSend manually or with a help of special security software that removes YellowSend and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is YellowSend?
YellowSend is a program that offers some useful functions in exchange for annoying ads displayed by bundled adware. It is often deceptively installed on your computer by download clients that wrap a program that you may download from various web sites involved in YellowSend adware distribution. Such distribution is profitable, and free program developers get some profit from promoters that use YellowSend for advertising. That is why its installation is tricky for computer users when some unwanted program sneaks in without any warning. Removing YellowSend is a problem for computer users without experience in adware removal. However, even if you never did it before, you can still easily remove YellowSend by following this removal guide.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like YellowSend, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs, and it will save your time. Use SpyHunter as a YellowSend removal tool instead. This anti-malware product is very reliable and offers a premium real-time anti-malware protection against dangerous or malicious software that otherwise might infect your computer.
YellowSend Adware Removal ToolYellowSend Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove YellowSend and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to YellowSend malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete YellowSend components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against YellowSend and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove YellowSend from Windows
First, you need to uninstall YellowSend application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to YellowSend adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall YellowSend on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "YellowSend" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall YellowSend on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight YellowSend program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall YellowSend on Windows XP
Uninstalling YellowSend from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on YellowSend program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove YellowSend from Chrome
Remove YellowSend extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find YellowSend extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove YellowSend from Firefox
Remove YellowSend add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find YellowSend add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove YellowSend from Internet Explorer
Remove YellowSend extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on YellowSend, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal of YellowSend is not difficult by itself. However, if you get a bunch of bundled adware programs or computer infections, you also need to remove these threats to your security and privacy. Use free scanners that come with SpyHunter and YellowSend Removal Tool for help or let these programs to take care of the problem.
Remove YellowSend Adware Infection Completely
YellowSend adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove YellowSend you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.