Astrology Toolbar replaces your homepage with ask.com redirect that is installed into Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. This might happen after you installed some freeware program that is bundled with this toolbar. If you want to remove Astrology Toolbar and restore your preferred search, then you need to uninstall Astrology Toolbar. program if you can find it in the list of installed programs. You also need to remove suspicious web browser extension or similar extension related to Astrology Toolbar. After you remove this components, you need to fix your web browser and replace home.tb.ask.com or similar with your preferred search engine.
If Astrology Toolbar browser hijacker is the only problem, and there is no other malicious programs, then our guide for manual Astrology Toolbar removal will help you. Otherwise, it is better to use special security software for automated process that will remove Astrology Toolbar and other malicious programs from your computer.
This removal guide provides information for manual Astrology Toolbar removal. You also can use SpyHunter, that protects your computer against future infections and offers online support for malware removal.
What is Astrology Toolbar?
Astrology Toolbar is a search redirect software installed on user’s computer along with free programs. It is designed for injecting promoted links into organic search results and collecting information about user’s browsing history. The search is usually redirected to home.tb.ask.com or similar, but it might point to other web address as well. This program makes some changes and installs some components that have to be removed for getting rid of this redirect. It is better to be careful while installing free programs today since the practice of monetizing free program development with bundled adware is common today. Removing Astrology Toolbar and redirect to home.tb.ask.com or similar requires time consuming procedures that are sometimes confusing to computer users since all web browsers are different and procedures needed for removing adware vary depend on browser.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Your attention and careful look at download clients and setup wizards that list optional software bundled to the program you get are important. It might be a lot easier for you to prevent installing adware if you use anti-malware with real-time protection like SpyHunter. Pay attention to marked check boxes since Astrology Toolbar is set for an automatic installation along with a free program. Use “custom” installation option that lists installed components, instead of “typical” that hides them along with adware components being installed.
Astrology Toolbar Adware Removal ToolAstrology Toolbar Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Astrology Toolbar and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Astrology Toolbar malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Astrology Toolbar components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Astrology Toolbar and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Astrology Toolbar from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall Astrology Toolbar related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than home.tb.ask.com or similar. Plugin removal is optional and depends on what other adware programs were installed along with free programs.
Use the following guide for removing Astrology Toolbar from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer. Samples of needed products you can find on the sidebar.
Uninstall Astrology Toolbar on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Astrology Toolbar" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Astrology Toolbar on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Astrology Toolbar program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Astrology Toolbar on Windows XP
Uninstalling Astrology Toolbar from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Astrology Toolbar program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Astrology Toolbar from Chrome
Remove Astrology Toolbar extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Astrology Toolbar extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove ask.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select ask.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove home.tb.ask.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select home.tb.ask.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Astrology Toolbar from Firefox
Remove Astrology Toolbar add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Astrology Toolbar add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove ask.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Astrology Toolbar from Internet Explorer
Remove Astrology Toolbar extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Astrology Toolbar, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace ask.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace home.tb.ask.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace home.tb.ask.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Astrology Toolbar Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Astrology Toolbar Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with Astrology Toolbar might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats are legitimate products like Astrology Toolbar, and conventional anti-virus programs do not remove legitimate stuff.