Astromenda Search is installed by a browser hijackers in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Such hijackers are often part of a download client that comes with free programs distributed over the web or part of an adware program installed on your computer. You may agree to install astromenda.com by yourself if you believe that it offers some value. More often, Astromenda is deceptively installed without your knowledge and true consent. Astromenda is not malicious, and anti-virus software usually do not warn you on this potential threat while assuming that computer users read all the information placed in a download client. In fact, many users just keep clicking on buttons without taking a close look at screen contents. Later they often think that Astromenda is virus and want to remove it. The first is not true, and the last is a good idea because web pages that look like search engines and used for link promotion present potential threat to your security and privacy.
Astromenda Search installation is often deceptive because this adware is promoted as one that will improve your search experience. It is likely that you will not even notice Astromenda Search presence because the announcement about this optional program is not separated from other information and looks like a part of a free program that you had download. Astromenda Search is set for automatic installation, and if you do not disable it, then Astromenda Search replaces your default search engine or/and homepage with a different web address used for making money on a deceptive link promotion and advertising.
Astromenda Search has a component installed as a Windows application and components installed as Astromenda Search BHO (browser helper objects), extension, or add-on in your Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. However, Astromenda Search redirect might be set without installing any components on your computer or set by other affiliated adware programs. If you want to get rid of the redirect to Astromenda Search and remove ads that it runs in your web browser, then you need to uninstall Astromenda Search application and remove extensions related to Astromenda Search from your web browsers if they are present. Then you need to change browser settings and restore your preferred ones.
For removing all malicious programs from your computer use SpyHunter that offers reliable malware detection and clean removal. It finds even traces in your system left by malicious programs that were removed by your anti-virus software. SpyHunter offers real-time protection that helps to protect your computer against malware and unwanted redirects similar to Astromenda Search in the future.
What is Astromenda Search?
Astromenda Search is a browser hijacker that replaces search with a redirect to different web address used for link promotion. It injects promoted links into organic search results, taken out of major search engines, and collect information about user’s browsing history. The search is usually redirected to astromenda.com, but it might point to other web address as well. This program makes some changes and installs some components that have to be removed for getting rid of this redirect. It is better to be careful while installing free programs today since the practice of monetizing free program development with bundled adware is common today. Removing Astromenda Search and redirect to astromenda.com requires time consuming procedures that are sometimes confusing to computer users since all web browsers are different and procedures needed for removing adware vary depend on browser.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
If you want to avoid installing adware like Astromenda Search, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. It will save you a lot of time needed for removing unwanted adware. Use SpyHunter for real-time protection, reliable virus detection, and clean removal. Use it as a Astromenda Search removal tool instead of wasting your time with manual removal of bunch of adware programs waiting to infect your computer with virtually any free download.
Astromenda Search Adware Removal ToolAstromenda Search Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Astromenda Search and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Astromenda Search malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Astromenda Search components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Astromenda Search and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Astromenda Search on Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all Astromenda Search search redirect components. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility, and then you need to remove web browser components of the Astromenda Search adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure hidden malicious programs and spyware are also removed.
Uninstall Astromenda Search on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Astromenda" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Astromenda Search on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Astromenda program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Astromenda Search on Windows XP
Uninstalling Astromenda Search from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Astromenda program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Astromenda Search from Chrome
Remove Astromenda Search extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Astromenda New Tab extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove astromenda.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select astromenda.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove astromenda.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select astromenda.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Astromenda Search from Firefox
Remove Astromenda Search add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Astromenda New Tab add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove astromenda.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Astromenda Search from Internet Explorer
Remove Astromenda Search extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Astromenda New Tab, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace astromenda.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace astromenda.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace astromenda.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Astromenda Search Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Astromenda Search Search Redirect Completely
Astromenda Search with search redirect potentially might link you to websites that can be infected or involved in spreading malicious programs. These programs help cyber criminals to spy on you and use your computer for an illegal activities on the web. Anti-spyware scanner, that you get along with the removal tool for free, helps to remove spyware and makes your system more secure and private. After you remove Astromenda Search you need to run full antispyware scan, then update your antivirus program and check for viruses. Use the antispyware that comes with Astromenda Search Removal Tool for free, and have your computer protected against spyware for a full year.
You also need to look for possible malicious redirects placed into your Hosts file and remove them. If you notice some problems with search redirects, check your web browser proxy and default settings and reset them to defaults. Do not forget to clean all the cookies from your web browsers.