Bit-Search.com Hijacker hijacks web browsers Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer for redirecting users to different search pages with promoted links. It is installed with free program downloads and redirects web search to bit-search.com or some other search page including faked replicas of well-known search engines. It would look like google.ievbz.com, and users might think that they are on some legitimate webpage that belongs to Google, as in this case, or other known and trusted website. Thus, one who spreads Bit-Search.com Hijacker get profit out of users’ clicks on irrelevant links mixed with other search results. Many users would find it difficult to remove Bit-Search.com Hijacker because it is installed in different ways along with other adware by unethical free program developers looking for any possible way to monetize their programs without thinking of users.
For removing all malicious programs from your computer use SpyHunter that offers reliable malware detection and clean removal. It finds even traces in your system left by malicious programs that were removed by your anti-virus software. SpyHunter offers real-time protection that helps to protect your computer against malware and unwanted redirects similar to Bit-Search.com in the future.
What is Bit-Search.com?
Bit-Search.com redirect can be installed and maintained by one of adware engines installed as a program and web browser extension. It is hard to say which one program might be responsible for this redirect since there are many adware programs that use the same engines, and all of them have different names. Deceptive installation methods let easily infect user’s computers while removing Bit-Search.com and like programs is quite complicated due to design mentioned above. It is better to avoid installing adware programs by inspecting download clients and installation wizards for free programs that should comply legal requirements and place a warning about additionally installed programs somewhere. Being careful equals to being protected, but it is always a good idea to delegate protection to a security program like Spy Hunter that keeps a database of adware programs and can easily detect and block them from being installed.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Browser hijackers redirect viruses, and commercial programs like Bit-Search.com, are initially set for automatic installation when they come with free programs. The information about bundled adware is either hidden behind “typical” installation option or placed in a way that make it looking as some unimportant option like links on desktop. That is why many people just fail to notice these intruders. You need to be careful while installing free programs and other media since removing bundled adware like Bit-Search.com is time consuming and requires different procedures that you might be unfamiliar with.
Bit-Search.com Adware Removal ToolBit-Search.com Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Bit-Search.com and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Bit-Search.com malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Bit-Search.com components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Bit-Search.com and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall Bit-Search.com components. First you need to uninstall this adware as a program using “Add/Remove programs” utility (“Programs and Features” on Windows 7 and Vista) . You can start this Windows utility program by clicking a link in the Control Panel menu. Then you need to find and remove Bit-Search.com and similar adware programs. After they are removed, you need to remove Bit-Search.com add-ons from all of your web browsers and reset browser default settings changed by the adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall Bit-Search.com on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Bit-Search.com on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Bit-Search.com on Windows XP
Uninstalling Bit-Search.com from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Chrome
Remove Bit-Search.com extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove bit-search.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select bit-search.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove bit-search.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select bit-search.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Firefox
Remove Bit-Search.com add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove bit-search.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Bit-Search.com from Internet Explorer
Remove Bit-Search.com extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace bit-search.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace bit-search.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace bit-search.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Bit-Search.com Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Bit-Search.com Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with Bit-Search.com might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats like Bit-Search.com belong to legitimate software. Conventional anti-virus products do not always block and remove programs similar to Bit-Search.com.