BlueStacks is a program that offers mobile apps for use on PC and TV. It is installed on your computer with freeware programs and displays ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. BlueStacks owners get paid for your clicks on promoted ads, and BlueStacks distributors get some income for installed instances of BlueStacks adware. BlueStacks is often deceptively installed with free programs that you may download from the web. Such practice is called bundling, and BlueStacks is just a one of adware programs that are installed this way.
If you want to remove BlueStacks adware and get rid of these ads, then you need to some work. First, you need to remove BlueStacks application installed as a Windows program. Then you need to remove BlueStacks extension from your Chrome, BlueStacks add-on from your Firefox, and BlueStacks BHO (browser helper object from your Internet Explorer. The last thing is cleaning you browser cache, removing temporary internet files, and restarting your web browsers. Just follow the guide below for BlueStacks adware removal, or use the offered removal tool that helps to remove BlueStacks and other malicious programs automatically.
This removal guide will help you to remove BlueStacks manually. If you want to get rid of ads in your web browser and malicious programs that are spying on you, then you need some detection tool like SpyHunter anti-malware scanner that offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is an adware application for transfering mobile content to PC and TV platforms. This app consists of an application and web browser extensions. These components are designed for tracing your web browsing and injecting links on websites that you visit. If you click on such links, then BlueStacks ads are displayed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. BlueStacks is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing BlueStacks is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer against malware with a help of SpyHunter that can block common means used by malware for sneaking into your system and infecting your computer. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
BlueStacks Adware Removal ToolBlueStacks Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove BlueStacks and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to BlueStacks malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete BlueStacks components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against BlueStacks and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove BlueStacks from Windows
First, you need to uninstall BlueStacks application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to BlueStacks adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall BlueStacks on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "BlueStacks" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall BlueStacks on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight BlueStacks program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall BlueStacks on Windows XP
Uninstalling BlueStacks from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on BlueStacks program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove BlueStacks from Chrome
Remove BlueStacks extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find BlueStacks extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove BlueStacks from Firefox
Remove BlueStacks add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find BlueStacks add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove BlueStacks from Internet Explorer
Remove BlueStacks extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on BlueStacks, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal procedures for BlueStacks are easy. Though, if your value your time and suspect other computer infections, then it is better to use SpyHunter instead of the manual removal. This security software scans your computer system and helps to remove all malicious program that are found.
Remove BlueStacks Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.