Box Rock is adware that offers enhanced website navigation. It is developed by SuperWeb LLC and often installed without user’s consent along with free programs from websites that employ bundling practices for monetizing. Box Rock is not malicious, however adware is not safe either because tracking of your web browsing history might cause some privacy problems if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, Box Rock can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need.
If you want to get rid of Box Rock ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove Box Rock extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove Box Rock components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove Box Rock and other malware form your infected computer.
This removal guide will help you to remove Box Rock manually or with a help of special software that removes Box Rock and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is Box Rock?
Box Rock is a program and web browser extension that are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. Box Rock adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These Box Rock components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on Box Rock ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why Box Rock is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. Box Rock is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing Box Rock is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
Box Rock Adware Removal ToolBox Rock Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Box Rock and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Box Rock malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Box Rock components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Box Rock and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Box Rock from Windows
You need to uninstall Box Rock application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Box Rock adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall Box Rock on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Box Rock" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Box Rock on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Box Rock program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Box Rock on Windows XP
Uninstalling Box Rock from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Box Rock program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Box Rock from Chrome
Remove Box Rock extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Box Rock extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Box Rock from Firefox
Remove Box Rock add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Box Rock add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Box Rock from Internet Explorer
Remove Box Rock extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Box Rock, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and Box Rock are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use Box Rock Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove Box Rock Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.