Brand Thunder Toolbar is installed in web browsers Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer for redirecting web search to a different search engine used for link promotion. This hijacker is installed with freeware as a bundled optional program. After Brand Thunder Toolbar is installed it redirects default web search to websearch.brandthunder.com
Brand Thunder Toolbar might infect your web browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer when you download and install some free program or other content. It might come in a bundle with other adware programs, and it doesn’t use components that are visible to computer user. Brand Thunder Toolbar redirects user’s web search to websearch.brandthunder.com that will display ads and search result pages stuffed with promoted links instead of organic search results. Brand Thunder Toolbar is a hard-to-remove stuff since it doesn’t have components that users can find, and the redirect is backed up by different means for making this thing stubborn and protected against removal.
If you want to remove Brand Thunder Toolbar ads, remove other malicious programs, and protect your computer against future infections, then use SpyHunter. This security software provides real-time protection and helps to keep your web browser clean and safe. SpyHunter has a very reliable malware detection rate and provides a very useful scan results that might help you with Brand Thunder Toolbar removal if you prefer to manually remove Brand Thunder Toolbar components.
What is Brand Thunder Toolbar?
Brand Thunder Toolbar redirect can be installed and maintained by one of adware engines installed as a program and web browser extension. It is hard to say which one program is responsible for the redirect because there are many adware programs that can come with this same engines, and all of them have different names. Deceptive installation methods let easily infect user’s computers while removing Brand Thunder Toolbar and like programs is quite complicated due to design mentioned above. It is better to avoid installing adware programs by inspecting download clients and installation wizards for free programs that should comply legal requirements and place a warning about additionally installed programs somewhere. Being careful equals to being protected, but it is always a good idea to delegate protection to a security program like SpyHunter that keeps a database of adware programs and can easily detect and block them from being installed.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Your attention and careful look at download clients and setup wizards that list optional software bundled to the program you get are important. It might be a lot easier for you to prevent installing adware if you use anti-malware with real-time protection like SpyHunter. Pay attention to marked check boxes since Brand Thunder Toolbar is set for an automatic installation along with a free program. Use “custom” installation option that lists installed components, instead of “typical” that hides them along with adware components being installed.
Brand Thunder Toolbar Adware Removal ToolBrand Thunder Toolbar Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Brand Thunder Toolbar and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Brand Thunder Toolbar malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Brand Thunder Toolbar components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Brand Thunder Toolbar and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall Brand Thunder Toolbar related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than websearch.brandthunder.com. Plugin removal is optional and depends on what other adware programs were installed along with free programs.
Use the following guide for removing Brand Thunder Toolbar from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer.
Uninstall Brand Thunder Toolbar on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Brand Thunder Toolbar" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Brand Thunder Toolbar on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Brand Thunder Toolbar program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Brand Thunder Toolbar on Windows XP
Uninstalling Brand Thunder Toolbar from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Brand Thunder Toolbar program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar from Chrome
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Brand Thunder Toolbar and suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove websearch.brandthunder.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select websearch.brandthunder.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove websearch.brandthunder.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select websearch.brandthunder.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar from Firefox
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Brand Thunder Toolbar and suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove websearch.brandthunder.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar from Internet Explorer
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Brand Thunder Toolbar and suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace websearch.brandthunder.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace websearch.brandthunder.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace websearch.brandthunder.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Brand Thunder Toolbar Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Brand Thunder Toolbar Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with Brand Thunder Toolbar might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats are legitimate products like Brand Thunder Toolbar, and conventional anti-virus programs do not remove legitimate stuff.