Browser Guard is promoted as a program that protects compute users against malicious websites. However it is adware responsible for ads, deals, popups, coupons displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This happens after Browser Guard adware infects your computer. However, it is legitimate and non-malicious, and your antivirus didn’t block it. Now, you want to remove Browser Guard and it is a good idea because this kind of software compromises your security.
Browser Guard installation is often deceptive. If you wonder how Browser Guard got installed on your computer, the answer is simple. You just failed to disable Browser Guard optional installation when you install some of free programs from the Internet. Various websites use bundling to monetize free program distribution. A free program that you need comes with a download client that controls the installation and offers you to install adware programs like Browser Guard promoted as useful. Adware is set to be automatically installed unless you notice and disable it before installing a free program.
Browser Guard is installed as a Windows application and multiple BHO (browser helper objects), web browser extensions or add-ons that are running adware activities. Therefore, if you want to remove Browser Guard, then you need to uninstall Browser Guard application and remove extensions related to Browser Guard from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following Browser Guard removal guide placed below.
SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate and clean removal. It even finds and removes residual damages left by malware removed by your anti-virus. Moreover, it offers a real-time protection against future infections and deceptively installed legitimate adware programs similar to Browser Guard.
What is Browser Guard?
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
Browser Guard Adware Removal ToolBrowser Guard Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Browser Guard and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Browser Guard malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Browser Guard components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Browser Guard and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Browser Guard Ads Manually
You need to uninstall Browser Guard application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Browser Guard adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall Browser Guard on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Browser Guard" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Browser Guard on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Browser Guard program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Browser Guard on Windows XP
Uninstalling Browser Guard from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Browser Guard program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Browser Guard from Chrome
Remove Browser Guard extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Browser Guard extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Browser Guard from Firefox
Remove Browser Guard add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Browser Guard add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Browser Guard from Internet Explorer
Remove Browser Guard extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Browser Guard, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and Browser Guard are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use Browser Guard Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove Browser Guard Adware Infection Completely
Browser Guard adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove Browser Guard you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.