We-Care.com is an adware that hijacks web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome for spying on you browsing history and displaying ads and deals that can attract your clicks. Such clicks on We-Care.com advertising bring profit to this adware owners and distributors that help to install We-Care.com. That is probably why the installation is often deceptive. We-Care.com is bundled with popular free programs and set for being automatically installed unless you notice and disable this optional adware. I guess you didn’t, and now you want to remove We-Care.com from your computer. It is a good idea. While We-Care.com is not malicious by design, any adware presents some threats to your security and privacy.
If you want to get rid of We-Care.com ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove We-Care.com extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove We-Care.com components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove We-Care.com and other malware form your infected computer.
If you want to remove We-Care.com ads, other malicious programs, and protect your computer against future infections, then use SpyHunter. This security software is one of the best and offers reliable real-time protection. It helps to keep your web browser clean and safe. SpyHunter provides very useful scan results that you can use for manual We-Care.com removal if you prefer to manually remove We-Care.com components and other malicious files and settings that are found.
What is We-Care.com?
We-Care.com is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks on ads, coupons, and other deals. While it is not malicious, We-Care.com is often deceptively installed with other free programs, and this might be not only annoying. Adware often compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history and wastes your web traffic and system resources if you don’t really need We-Care.com. Since this adware consists of multiple components installed as a program and web browser extensions, it is more difficult to remove We-Care.com than other Windows programs. The guide below explains how to remove each of We-Care.com components related to browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove We-Care.com, just follow this guide, and you will get rid of We-Care.com ads pretty soon. Certainly, there might be more adware programs responsible for displaying ads in your web browser, and you might need a special program that finds and helps to remove We-Care.com and like adware programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
We-Care.com Adware Removal ToolWe-Care.com Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove We-Care.com and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to We-Care.com malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete We-Care.com components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against We-Care.com and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove We-Care.com Ads Manually
For manual removal you need to uninstall all We-Care.com components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall We-Care.com on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "COTM App " program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall We-Care.com on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight COTM App program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall We-Care.com on Windows XP
Uninstalling We-Care.com from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on COTM App program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove We-Care.com from Chrome
Remove We-Care.com extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find COTM App, We-Care Add-on, WeCareReminder Class extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove We-Care.com from Firefox
Remove We-Care.com add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find COTM App, We-Care Add-on, WeCareReminder Class add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove We-Care.com from Internet Explorer
Remove We-Care.com extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on COTM App, We-Care Add-on, WeCareReminder Class, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Now We-Care.com ads should be gone, but other adware and malware infections can still compromise your security. You can detect such threats with a free scanner offered with SpyHunter. Then you can use comprehensive scan results for manual We-Care.com removal or opt for an automated removal process, protection, and professional support.
Remove We-Care.com Adware Infection Completely
Note: It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. So, this checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.
Find more about prevention computer infections and protection against malicious programs.