CoolCoupon adware is a potentially unwanted program that displays for ads, coupons, and pop-up deals in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This happens when CoolCoupon adware is installed with a free program from the web. CoolCoupon is not malicious, and your antivirus didn’t block this potential threat. If you want to remove CoolCoupon, it is a good idea because adware compromises your security and privacy.
CoolCoupon installation is often deceptive. If you failed to disable optional CoolCoupon installation offered in a download client that comes with a free program from that you need, then it is automatically installed. Various websites use this kind of bundling to monetize free program distribution. CoolCoupon is just one of numerous adware programs used for this purpose.
CoolCoupon is installed as a Windows application and as multiple web browser components installed as CoolCoupon BHO (browser helper objects), extension or add-on in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. If you want to remove CoolCoupon and get rid of advertising in your web browser, then you need to uninstall CoolCoupon application and remove extensions related to CoolCoupon from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following CoolCoupon removal guide placed below.
This removal guide will help you to remove CoolCoupon manually. However, if you also want to remove other malware and protect your computer and web browsers against malicious programs, it is better to use SpyHunter as a CoolCoupon removal tool. It offers a free anti-malware scanner that provides very comprehensive scan results that help to remove malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) manually.
What is CoolCoupon?
CoolCoupon is an adware developed by for displaying ads in web browsers and making money out of users clicks. While it is not malicious, it compromises your privacy by tracing your web browsing history and wastes your web traffic. CoolCoupon consists of the windows program that manages all the adware processes and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing CoolCoupon more complicated than removing other windows programs. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than CoolCoupon removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
CoolCoupon Adware Removal ToolCoolCoupon Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove CoolCoupon and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to CoolCoupon malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete CoolCoupon components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against CoolCoupon and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove CoolCoupon Ads Manually
You need to uninstall all the CoolCoupon components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to CoolCoupon.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall CoolCoupon on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "CoolCoupon" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall CoolCoupon on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight CoolCoupon program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall CoolCoupon on Windows XP
Uninstalling CoolCoupon from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on CoolCoupon program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove CoolCoupon from Chrome
Remove CoolCoupon extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find CoolCoupon extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove CoolCoupon from Firefox
Remove CoolCoupon add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find CoolCoupon add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove CoolCoupon from Internet Explorer
Remove CoolCoupon extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on CoolCoupon, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using CoolCoupon Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove CoolCoupon Adware Infection Completely
CoolCoupon adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove CoolCoupon you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.