Crime Watch is an adware program bundled and distributed with popular free programs. If you installed such program and failed to disable Crime Watch installation, then ads appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. The option is usually present as a marked check box in download client or setup wizard that comes with a free program that you download. If you want to get rid of or Crime Watch ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove Crime Watch components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to Crime Watch adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to Crime Watch. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate and clean removal. It even finds and removes residual damages left by malware removed by your anti-virus. Moreover, it offers a real-time protection against future infections and deceptively installed legitimate adware programs similar to Crime Watch.
What is Crime Watch?
Crime Watch is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks. While it is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. Crime Watch is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. Crime Watch is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing Crime Watch more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than Crime Watch removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like Crime Watch, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs, and it will save your time. Use SpyHunter as a Crime Watch removal tool instead. This anti-malware product is very reliable and offers a premium real-time anti-malware protection against dangerous or malicious software that otherwise might infect your computer.
Crime Watch Adware Removal ToolCrime Watch Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Crime Watch and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Crime Watch malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Crime Watch components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Crime Watch and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Crime Watch from Windows
First, you need to uninstall Crime Watch application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to Crime Watch adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall Crime Watch on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Crime Watch" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Crime Watch on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Crime Watch program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Crime Watch on Windows XP
Uninstalling Crime Watch from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Crime Watch program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Crime Watch from Chrome
Remove Crime Watch extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Crime Watch extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Crime Watch from Firefox
Remove Crime Watch add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Crime Watch add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Crime Watch from Internet Explorer
Remove Crime Watch extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Crime Watch, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can make a check for presence of suspicious programs with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.
Remove Crime Watch Adware Infection Completely
Crime Watch adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove Crime Watch you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.