CrossBrowser is a platform for developing web applications and monetizing their distribution. You can find components of this adware platform with various adware programs created with a help of CrossBrowser. Some of adware components are installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer along with free programs and updates. Ad-supported CrossBrowser stuff is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this CrossBrowser tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. It is possible that some ads displayed by CrossBrowser can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. CrossBrowser consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions.
If you want to get rid of CrossBrowser ads, then you need to uninstall CrossBrowser application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to CrossBrowser adware. See the guide below for details on manual CrossBrowser removal, and use CrossBrowser removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
If you want to remove CrossBrowser ads automatically, find and remove other malicious programs, and protect your computer against malware, then use SpyHunter. This anti-malware software offers a real-time protection and helps to keep your web browser safe. Reliable malware detection and clean removal process makes SpyHunter one of the best security tools that offers premium level of anti-malware protection to your computer. It protects your security and privacy and block PUP (potentially unwanted programs) similar to CrossBrowser.
What is CrossBrowser?
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer against malware with a help of SpyHunter that can block common means used by malware for sneaking into your system and infecting your computer. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
CrossBrowser Adware Removal ToolCrossBrowser Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove CrossBrowser and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to CrossBrowser malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete CrossBrowser components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against CrossBrowser and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove CrossBrowser from Windows
First, you need to uninstall CrossBrowser application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to CrossBrowser adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall CrossBrowser on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "CrossBrowser" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall CrossBrowser on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight CrossBrowser program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall CrossBrowser on Windows XP
Uninstalling CrossBrowser from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on CrossBrowser program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove CrossBrowser from Chrome
Remove CrossBrowser extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find CrossBrowser extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove CrossBrowser from Firefox
Remove CrossBrowser add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find CrossBrowser add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove CrossBrowser from Internet Explorer
Remove CrossBrowser extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on CrossBrowser, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for CrossBrowser is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. CrossBrowser Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove CrossBrowser Adware Infection Completely
CrossBrowser adware is sometimes spread in a bundle with other similar programs, and some of such programs might be hooked and used by cyber criminals as spyware and automated bots for illegal scams. When you remove CrossBrowser, run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter for eliminating various threats that are not accessed by your anti-virus products.