Damo Search redirect is caused by web browser toolbar add-on installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This web browser helper object component provides some useful shortcut links at the price of redirecting user’s search to findamo.com. Since this add-on is often deceptively installed along with other free programs, many users think of Damo Search as of redirect virus. The plugin itself is not a virus, and it is relatively harmless except running additional processes that decrease system performance. However, few users would like web search being redirected especially to the findamo.com search pages that inject irrelevant promoted links into organic search results thus making web search process less effective and time consuming. Moreover, the price of promotion is affordable to cyber criminals that want use it for spreading malware. Damo Search is preset for an automatic installation when it comes with a free program downloads, and menu users do not pay attention to the installation process while removing Damo Search is more difficult than removing other programs. It requires some experience and knowledge.
If you want to remove Damo Search ads, remove other malicious programs, and protect your computer against future infections, then use SpyHunter. This security software provides real-time protection and helps to keep your web browser clean and safe. SpyHunter has a very reliable malware detection rate and provides a very useful scan results that might help you with Damo Search removal if you prefer to manually remove Damo Search components.
What is Damo Search?
Damo Search is an adware program bundled with add-ons that infect Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and redirect search and homepage to findamo.com and components that protect Damo Search against removal. Free program developer spread this adware along with free programs for monetizing purpose, and you can get it virtually with any program that you download from the web. Removing this redirect to findamo.com might be a complicated issue if you are not familiar with removing adware procedures and some particular design related to the adware. It is batter to be very attentive while installing free programs or protect your computer with programs like Spy Hunter designed for real time protection against adware and other malicious programs.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
If you want to avoid installing adware like Damo Search, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. It will save you a lot of time needed for removing unwanted adware. Use SpyHunter for real-time protection, reliable virus detection, and clean removal. Use it as a Damo Search removal tool instead of wasting your time with manual removal of bunch of adware programs waiting to infect your computer with virtually any free download.
Remove Damo Search from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all Damo Search search redirect components. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility, and then you need to remove web browser components of the Damo Search adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure hidden malicious programs and spyware are also removed.
Uninstall Damo Search on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Damo Search on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Damo Search on Windows XP
Uninstalling Damo Search from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Damo Search from Chrome
Remove Damo Search extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove findamo.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select findamo.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove findamo.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select findamo.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Damo Search from Firefox
Remove Damo Search add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove findamo.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Damo Search from Internet Explorer
Remove Damo Search extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace findamo.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace findamo.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace findamo.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Damo Search Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Damo Search Search Redirect Completely
Damo Search redirect can infect system links to your browsers that makes it more difficult to remove. Computer users that are not aware if this trick can think that Damo Search is stubborn because it won’t go. For removing this tricky redirect, you need to find any link on your desktop and in Windows menus and cut the tail.
- Right-click the link or the menu item related to your web browser.
- In the popup menu click Properties option placed at the bottom.
- In the opened dialog box click Target. Anything placed after [browser name].exe is a redirect that has to be removed.
- Remove the malicious tail attachment with a redirect.
- Do it for all shortcuts on your desktop and all menu items in the Start menu.
Damo Search redirect might come along with other unwanted programs. They display ads and redirect your web search, and you need to remove all of them and scan your system for identifying and removing other threats. Use decent and powerful antivirus software for protecting your system, and scan your system with a free anti-spyware program that comes with this removal tool for removing hidden threats that are legitimate in nature and are not addressed by antivirus products.