Default-Search.net hijacker adware is a redirect installed by browser hijackers in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Such hijacker are part of a download client that comes with free programs distributed over the web or part of an adware program installed on your computer. You may agree to install Default-Search.net hijacker by yourself if you believe that it offers some value. More often, Default-Search.net hijacker is deceptively installed without your knowledge and true consent. Default-Search.net hijacker is not malicious, and anti-virus software usually do not warn you on this potential threat while assuming that computer users read all the information placed in a download client. In fact, many users just keep clicking on buttons without taking a close look at screen contents. Later they often think that Default-Search.net hijacker is virus and want to remove it. The first is not true, and the last is a good idea because web pages that look like search engines and used for link promotion present potential threat to your security and privacy.
Default-Search.net installation is often deceptive because this adware is promoted as one that will improve your search experience. It is likely that you will not even notice Default-Search.net presence because the announcement about this optional program is not separated from other information and looks like a part of a free program that you had download. Default-Search.net is set for automatic installation, and if you do not disable it, then Default-Search.net replaces your default search engine or/and homepage with a different web address used for making money on a deceptive link promotion and advertising.
Default-Search.net has a component installed as a Windows application and components installed as Default-Search.net BHO (browser helper objects), extension, or add-on in your Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. However, Default-Search.net redirect might be set without installing any components on your computer or set by other affiliated adware programs. If you want to get rid of the redirect to Default-Search.net and remove ads that it runs in your web browser, then you need to uninstall Default-Search.net application and remove extensions related to Default-Search.net from your web browsers if they are present. Then you need to change browser settings and restore your preferred ones.
You can manually remove Default-Search.net or use SpyHunter for automated removal and protection against future infections. This security tool is reliable in malware detection and free scanner offers a lot of useful information for malware removal.
What is Default-Search.net?
Default-Search.net redirect might be caused by Default-Search.net plugins or other adware plugins with similar functionality. Special programs that prevent your browser settings from being changed also might protect Default-Search.net against removal. Depend on bundled adware programs, removing Default-Search.net might have different degree of stubbornness and require special tools for investigation and detecting programs responsible for the redirect. You can get Default-Search.net with any free program download since developers are well-paid for adware installed onto your computer. Certainly, they use any legitimate way of tricking you into installing unwanted program. You need to be careful while installing free programs or to use SpyHunter that have a real time protection against such legitimate things like Default-Search.net adware.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
If you want to avoid installing adware like Default-Search.net, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. It will save you a lot of time needed for removing unwanted adware. Use SpyHunter for real-time protection, reliable virus detection, and clean removal. Use it as a Default-Search.net removal tool instead of wasting your time with manual removal of bunch of adware programs waiting to infect your computer with virtually any free download.
Default-Search.net Adware Removal ToolDefault-Search.net Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Default-Search.net and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Default-Search.net malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Default-Search.net components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Default-Search.net and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Default-Search.net from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall programs related to Default-Search.net, remove Facebook app, and reset your web browsers to eliminate the redirect. Use the following guide for removing Default-Search.net components from your computer. Then scan your computer with antivirus and anti-spyware programs to for removing other dangerous programs and viruses.
Uninstall Default-Search.net on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Default-Search.net on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Default-Search.net on Windows XP
Uninstalling Default-Search.net from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Default-Search.net from Chrome
Remove Default-Search.net extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove default-search.net serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select default-search.net search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove default-search.net homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select default-search.net or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Default-Search.net from Firefox
Remove Default-Search.net add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove default-search.net serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Default-Search.net from Internet Explorer
Remove Default-Search.net extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace default-search.net with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace default-search.net homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace default-search.net with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Default-Search.net Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Default-Search.net Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with Default-Search.net might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats are legitimate products like Default-Search.net, and conventional anti-virus programs do not remove legitimate stuff.