Desktop Dock is a program that pins a docked panel to your desktop and let you access internet services. However, its free version is ad-supported and deceptively installed with other freeware and shareware programs. If you installed such program and failed to disable Desktop Dock installation option, then ads appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. The option is usually present as a marked check box in download client or a setup wizard that comes with a free program that you download.
If you want to get rid of or Desktop Dock ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove Desktop Dock components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to Desktop Dock adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to Desktop Dock. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
If you want to remove Desktop Dock and other malicious programs as well as protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter. It comes with real-time protection and have truly reliable malware detection rate. This program also provide very useful free scan results that might help you with Desktop Dock manual removal.
What is Desktop Dock?
Desktop Dock is an ad-supported program when it comes as a free version. This program installs docking panel on your desktop and let you drag various links to it. However if you use it, you will see advertising that helps distributors and developers make some money out of users’ clicks on ads. While Desktop Dock is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. Desktop Dock is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. Desktop Dock is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing Desktop Dock more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than Desktop Dock removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
Desktop Dock Adware Removal ToolDesktop Dock Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Desktop Dock and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Desktop Dock malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Desktop Dock components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Desktop Dock and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Desktop Dock from Windows
You need to uninstall Desktop Dock application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Desktop Dock adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall Desktop Dock on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Desktop Dock" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Desktop Dock on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Desktop Dock program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Desktop Dock on Windows XP
Uninstalling Desktop Dock from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Desktop Dock program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Desktop Dock from Chrome
Remove Desktop Dock extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Desktop Dock extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Desktop Dock from Firefox
Remove Desktop Dock add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Desktop Dock add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Desktop Dock from Internet Explorer
Remove Desktop Dock extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Desktop Dock, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for Desktop Dock is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. Desktop Dock Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove Desktop Dock Adware Infection Completely
Desktop Dock adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove Desktop Dock you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.