DonutQuotes is an adware that infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. You can recognize it by pop-up advertising titled as “ads by Donut Leads”, or “ads by Donut Quotes”. This adware promotes business partners and is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this DonutQuotes tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. Some ads displayed by DonutQuotes can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. DonutQuotes consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions.
If you want to remove DonutQuotes and get rid of ads by Donut Leads, then you need to uninstall DonutQuotes application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to DonutQuotes adware. See the guide below for details on manual DonutQuotes removal, and use DonutQuotes removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This guide helps to remove DonutQuotes manually or using special security software designed for DonutQuotes removal. SpyHunter not only removes malicious programs. It offers a real-time protection against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) that are not removed by anti-virus software.
What is DonutQuotes?
DonutQuotes is a program and web browser extension that are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. DonutQuotes adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These DonutQuotes components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on DonutQuotes ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why DonutQuotes is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. DonutQuotes is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing DonutQuotes is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
DonutQuotes Adware Removal ToolDonutQuotes Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove DonutQuotes and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to DonutQuotes malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete DonutQuotes components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against DonutQuotes and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove DonutQuotes from Windows
You need to uninstall DonutQuotes application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to DonutQuotes adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall DonutQuotes on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "DonutQuotes" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall DonutQuotes on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight DonutQuotes program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall DonutQuotes on Windows XP
Uninstalling DonutQuotes from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on DonutQuotes program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove DonutQuotes from Chrome
Remove DonutQuotes extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find DonutQuotes extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove DonutQuotes from Firefox
Remove DonutQuotes add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find DonutQuotes add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove DonutQuotes from Internet Explorer
Remove DonutQuotes extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on DonutQuotes, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is simple but your computer might have other similar infections. If want to make it clean and value your time, then use DonutQuotes Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and get rid of other computer infections.
Remove DonutQuotes Adware Infection Completely
DonutQuotes adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove DonutQuotes adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for automated DonutQuotes removal process that is more safe and reliable.