DownPay is an adware that infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. It hacks visited web pages and converts words to links that promote business partners and cause more popup ads, coupons, and banners displayed in your web browsers. Ad-supported DownPay stuff is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this DownPay tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. It is possible that some ads displayed by DownPay can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. DownPay consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions.
If you want to get rid of DownPay ads, then you need to uninstall DownPay application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to DownPay adware. See the guide below for details on manual DownPay removal, and use DownPay removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This removal guide will help you to remove DownPay manually. If you want to get rid of ads in your web browser and malicious programs that are spying on you, then you need some detection tool like SpyHunter anti-malware scanner that offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is DownPay?
DownPay is adware developed primarily for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads and deals. While it is not malicious, it traces your web browsing history and might cause some problems related to your privacy and security of your computer system. Adware wastes your web traffic for running its activities. DownPay is often deceptively installed with free programs if you miss signs of adware present in download client or a setup wizard for a program that you download. DownPay is installed as a Windows program that manages adware and web browser extensions installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This makes removing DownPay more slightly more complicated than removing other windows programs, but if it is bundled with other adware programs, then you can have a hard time. It is better to be careful while installing free programs since inspecting setup wizards for bundled programs takes less of your time than DownPay removal.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like DownPay, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
DownPay Adware Removal ToolDownPay Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove DownPay and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to DownPay malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete DownPay components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against DownPay and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove DownPay from Windows
You need to uninstall all the DownPay components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to DownPay.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall DownPay on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "DownPay" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall DownPay on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight DownPay program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall DownPay on Windows XP
Uninstalling DownPay from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on DownPay program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove DownPay from Chrome
Remove DownPay extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find DownPay extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove DownPay from Firefox
Remove DownPay add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find DownPay add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove DownPay from Internet Explorer
Remove DownPay extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on DownPay, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for DownPay is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. DownPay Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove DownPay Adware Infection Completely
DownPay adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove DownPay adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software offers a free scanner that helps with manual removal, and you can opt for automated removal, professional support, and anti-malware protection.