DustApps is an adware that displays ads in your web browsers. It consists of a Windows program and web browser extension, add-ons, or browser helper objects installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove DustApps, then you need to remove all of these DustApps components.
Besides displaying ads in your web browser DustApps compromises your privacy with activities related to web search history tracking. It also wastes your web traffic and load your computer with activities that you barely need. DustApps is often deceptively installed with popular free programs that you download. This practice is called bundling and involves attaching DustApps installation program to a setup wizard that came with a free program or a download client used as a wrapper. DustApps barely would hurt your computer, but some ads might lead to computer infection. You need to be attentive when installing free programs, and if adware programs like DustApps infect your computer, then it is better to remove them as soon as possible. Use the guide below for manual DustApps removal or a DustApps removal tool that helps to remove other malicious programs and protect your security and privacy.
This removal guide will help you to remove DustApps manually or with a help of special security software that removes DustApps and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is DustApps?
DustApps is an adware that infects your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. It consists of a Windows application and similarly named browser extensions specific for web browsers installed on your computer. These adware components are designed for spying on your web browsing and displaying ads related to your browsing history. When you click on such ads, DustApps owners and distributors get some money on pay-per-click basis paid by promoters. While DustApps is not malicious, the downside of using it is wasted web traffic and your compromised privacy that put you at risk of sharing your user’s profile among various sales companies. DustApps is often distributed with free programs that you may download. This adware is deceptively installed unless you disable the optional for DustApps before installing a program or update that you download. Removing DustApps is quite easy, but other adware programs that might come bundled with it are often tricky and stubborn for your removal effort.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like DustApps, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
DustApps Adware Removal ToolDustApps Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove DustApps and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to DustApps malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete DustApps components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against DustApps and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove DustApps from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all DustApps components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall DustApps on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "DustApps and suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall DustApps on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight DustApps and suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall DustApps on Windows XP
Uninstalling DustApps from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on DustApps and suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove DustApps from Chrome
Remove DustApps extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find DustApps and suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove DustApps from Firefox
Remove DustApps add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find DustApps and suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove DustApps from Internet Explorer
Remove DustApps extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on DustApps and suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is simple but your computer might have other similar infections. If want to make it clean and value your time, then use DustApps Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and get rid of other computer infections.
Remove DustApps Adware Infection Completely
DustApps adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs, and some of these programs might be spread by cyber criminals as spyware and bots for illegal internet scams. After you remove DustApps you need to run full antivirus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter for removing threats that are not accessed by anti-virus products.