Faster Light is adware developed by SuperWeb LLC and offered as a tool for improved web navigation. It consists of a Windows program and web browser extension, add-ons, or browser helper objects installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove Faster Light, then you need to remove all of components listed above manually or with a help of removal tool.
Faster Light compromises your privacy by browsing history tracking. It wastes your web traffic and system resources for running activities that you barely need. Faster Light is often deceptively installed with popular free programs that you download.
Faster Light barely would hurt your computer, but some ads might lead to computer infection. You need to be attentive when installing free programs, and if adware programs like Faster Light infect your computer, then it is better to remove them as soon as possible. Use the guide below for manual Faster Light removal or a Faster Light removal tool that helps to remove other malicious programs and protect your security and privacy.
If you want to remove Faster Light and other malicious programs as well as to protect your computer against malware programs similar to Faster Light, then use advanced software for Faster Light removal. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate, truly clean removal, and real-time protection against thousands of malicious programs.
What is Faster Light?
Faster Light is a program and web browser extension that tracks your web browsing and displays ads in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Faster Light adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These Faster Light components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on Faster Light ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why Faster Light is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. Faster Light is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing Faster Light is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer against malware with a help of SpyHunter that can block common means used by malware for sneaking into your system and infecting your computer. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
Faster Light Adware Removal ToolFaster Light Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Faster Light and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Faster Light malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Faster Light components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Faster Light and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Faster Light from Windows
You need to uninstall all the Faster Light components manually. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Faster Light.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall Faster Light on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Faster Light" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Faster Light on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Faster Light program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Faster Light on Windows XP
Uninstalling Faster Light from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Faster Light program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Faster Light from Chrome
Remove Faster Light extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Faster Light extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Faster Light from Firefox
Remove Faster Light add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Faster Light add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Faster Light from Internet Explorer
Remove Faster Light extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Faster Light, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and Faster Light are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use Faster Light Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove Faster Light Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.