Free2You is a typical adware deceptively installed for making money through user’s clicks on ads displayed in web browsers. It is not malicious, but Free2You adware often infects your Chrome Firefox, or Internet Explorer in unexpected way. Usually, this happens if you install some free program from the internet with a program setup wrapped in a download client used for monetizing. If you fail to disable optional installation of Free2You, then it is installed as a Windows program and web browser plugins, called wither extensions, add-ons, or browser helper objects depend on your web browser. Getting rid of Free2You ads is not difficult because adware components are similarly named.
If you want to remove Free2You, then you need to uninstall Free2You application and remove Free2You browser extensions. See the guide below for details on Free2You removal and use Free2You removal tool if you get some problem with manual removal or you suspect that there are other malicious programs present on your computer.
If you want to remove Free2You, other malicious programs, and protect your computer against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) similar to Free2You, then use advanced software for Free2You removal. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection rate, truly clean removal, and real-time protection against thousands of malicious programs.
What is Free2You?
Free2You is adware developed for making money out of computer users’ clicks on ads displayed in web browsers. Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are infected as the most used ones. Watching ads is not what people like. Adware waste web traffic and computer system resources. It also traces your browsing history and might cause privacy issues if this information is sold to third parties e.g. advertisers and potential email spammers. Free2You generates income, and it is often deceptively installed with other free programs distributed over the web.
Free2You consists of the program that manages all the process and web browser plugins and extensions installed into each of most commonly used web browsers. This makes removing Free2You more complicated than removing other Windows programs. You need to be careful while installing free programs since it takes less time than removing Free2You from your computer.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Unless you use SpyHunter or other anti-malware product for adware detection, then you need to pay attention to EULA and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
Free2You Adware Removal ToolFree2You Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Free2You and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Free2You malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Free2You components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Free2You and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Free2You from Windows
For manual removal, you need to remove all Free2You components. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility (“Programs and Features” on Windows 7 and Vista) . You can start this Windows utility program by clicking a link in the Control Panel menu. Then you need to find and remove Free2You extensions from your web browsers and reset browser settings to defaults or to your proffered ones.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall Free2You on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Free2You" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Free2You on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Free2You program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Free2You on Windows XP
Uninstalling Free2You from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Free2You program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Free2You from Chrome
Remove Free2You extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Free2You extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Free2You from Firefox
Remove Free2You add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Free2You add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Free2You from Internet Explorer
Remove Free2You extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Free2You, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual Free2You removal is not difficult. Complex malware infection is. Other malware and adware programs might be installed on your computer. You need to remove this infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter’s Free2You Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove Free2You Adware Infection Completely
Free2You adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove Free2You adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.