GoSavy is adware that is designed to display ads in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is not a virus, but computer users often think that because GoSavy can suddenly appear in your web browser. The way of installing GoSavy is often deceptive because computer users do not expect bundled programs when they download needed ones. GoSavy adware is often distributed with popular programs, and it is preset for automatic installation. GoSavy consists of various program components such as one installed as Windows application and multiple BHO (browser helper objects), web browser extensions or add-ons that work together for running adware activities. Therefore, if you want to remove GoSavy, then you need to uninstall GoSavy application and remove extensions related to GoSavy from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following GoSavy removal guide placed below.
This removal guide will help you to remove GoSavy manually or with a help of special software that removes GoSavy and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is GoSavy?
GoSavy is a program and web browser extension that is designed for tracking user’s web browsing and offering ads and coupons any time when a user visits shopping websites related to products promoted with ads. Currently, the plenty of products like GoSavy are distributed by free program developers for monetizing. Adware is bundled with free program and set for an automatic installation along with a free program while the ability of a user to notice its presence is often somehow obscured, or it is combined with other options related to a free program used as a host for adware and hidden under “typical installation” option. Many users get GoSavy deceptively installed without any will to do that.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing programs like GoSavy, then you need to be careful while installing free programs. You can protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace your installations, warn you on all known threats to your security and privacy, and remove any threat found on your computer. Pay attention to check boxes placed in a setup wizard for a free program that you are installing. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
GoSavy Adware Removal ToolGoSavy Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove GoSavy and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to GoSavy malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete GoSavy components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against GoSavy and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove GoSavy from Windows
You need to uninstall all the GoSavy components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to GoSavy.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall GoSavy on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "GoSavy and suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall GoSavy on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight GoSavy and suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall GoSavy on Windows XP
Uninstalling GoSavy from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on GoSavy and suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove GoSavy from Chrome
Remove GoSavy extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find GoSavy and suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove GoSavy from Firefox
Remove GoSavy add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find GoSavy and suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove GoSavy from Internet Explorer
Remove GoSavy extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on GoSavy and suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for GoSavy is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. GoSavy Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove GoSavy Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.