iStartSurf redirect is caused by a browser hijacker installed into Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This malicious component is promoted as something useful and used for redirecting user’s search to istartsurf.com. that is used for link promotion. It is often deceptively installed along with other free programs, many users think of iStartSurf as of redirect virus. The software that sets this redirect might be harmless, however, few users would like web search being redirected especially to the iStartSurf search pages that inject irrelevant promoted links into organic search results thus making web search process less effective and time consuming. Moreover, the price of promotion is affordable to cyber criminals that want use it for spreading malware. iStartSurf is preset for an automatic installation when it comes with a free program downloads, and menu users do not pay attention to the installation process while removing iStartSurf is more difficult than removing other programs. It requires some experience and knowledge.
You can manually remove iStartSurf or use SpyHunter for automated removal and protection against future infections. This security tool is reliable in malware detection and free scanner offers a lot of useful information for malware removal.
What is iStartSurf?
iStartSurf redirect might be caused by iStartSurf plugins or other adware plugins with similar functionality. Special programs that prevent your browser settings from being changed also might protect iStartSurf against removal. Depend on bundled adware programs, removing iStartSurf might have different degree of stubbornness and require special tools for investigation and detecting programs responsible for the redirect. You can get iStartSurf with any free program download since developers are well-paid for adware installed onto your computer. Certainly, they use any legitimate way of tricking you into installing unwanted program. You need to be careful while installing free programs or to use Spy Hunter that have a real time protection against such legitimate things like iStartSurf adware.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
If you want to avoid installing adware like iStartSurf, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. It will save you a lot of time needed for removing unwanted adware. Use SpyHunter for real-time protection, reliable virus detection, and clean removal. Use it as a iStartSurf removal tool instead of wasting your time with manual removal of bunch of adware programs waiting to infect your computer with virtually any free download.
iStartSurf Adware Removal TooliStartSurf Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove iStartSurf and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to iStartSurf malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete iStartSurf components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against iStartSurf and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove iStartSurf on Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall iStartSurf related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than istartsurf.com.
Use the following guide for removing iStartSurf from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer.
Uninstall iStartSurf on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "WPM, SupTab, any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall iStartSurf on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight WPM, SupTab, any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall iStartSurf on Windows XP
Uninstalling iStartSurf from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on WPM, SupTab, any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove iStartSurf from Chrome
Remove iStartSurf extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find WPM, SupTab, any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove istartsurf.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select istartsurf.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove istartsurf.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select istartsurf.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove iStartSurf from Firefox
Remove iStartSurf add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find WPM, SupTab, any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove istartsurf.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove iStartSurf from Internet Explorer
Remove iStartSurf extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on WPM, SupTab, any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace istartsurf.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace istartsurf.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace istartsurf.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using iStartSurf Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove iStartSurf Search Redirect Completely
iStartSurf redirect uses a trick similar to Do-Search and Nation Zoom Search viruses. It is used for protecting the redirect against removal by common means by attaching the redirect command to shortcut links related to infected web browser. Since many people are not aware if this, it makes iStartSurf redirect stubborn. For removing this tricky redirect, you need to find any link on your desktop and in Windows menus and cut the tail.
- Right-click the link or the menu item related to your web browser.
- In the popup menu click Properties option placed at the bottom.
- In the opened dialog box click Target. Anything placed after [browser name].exe is a redirect that has to be removed.
- Remove the malicious tail attachment with a redirect.
- Do it for all shortcuts on your desktop and all menu items in the Start menu.
iStartSurf redirect might come along with other unwanted programs. They display ads and redirect your web search, and you need to remove all of them and scan your system for identifying and removing other threats. Use decent and powerful antivirus software for protecting your system, and scan your system with a free anti-spyware program that comes with this removal tool for removing hidden threats that are legitimate in nature and are not addressed by antivirus products.