iTubeDownload is a program that offers video downloads, file converter, proxy support and other features. It is however ad-supported and deceptively installed with other freeware. This adware consists of an iTubeDownload program and similarly named browser extensions designed to hijack your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer for displaying ads and deals. Promoted saving coupons displayed by iTubeDownload barely would hurt your compute. However, your web traffic is wasted and system performance suffer from activities related to displaying advertising and spying on your web browsing history. Your privacy might also suffer.
iTubeDownload is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for iTubeDownload installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove iTubeDownload, then you need to get rid of all iTubeDownload components. Read the guide below for details on iTubeDownload removal.
This removal guide will help you to remove iTubeDownload manually or with a help of special software that removes iTubeDownload and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is iTubeDownload?
iTubeDownload is a program and web browser extension that are used for displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. iTubeDownload adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These iTubeDownload components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on iTubeDownload ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why iTubeDownload is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. iTubeDownload is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing iTubeDownload is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
iTubeDownload Adware Removal TooliTubeDownload Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove iTubeDownload and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to iTubeDownload malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete iTubeDownload components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against iTubeDownload and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove iTubeDownload from Windows
You need to uninstall all the iTubeDownload components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to iTubeDownload.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall iTubeDownload on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "iTubeDownload" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall iTubeDownload on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight iTubeDownload program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall iTubeDownload on Windows XP
Uninstalling iTubeDownload from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on iTubeDownload program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove iTubeDownload from Chrome
Remove iTubeDownload extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find iTubeDownload extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove iTubeDownload from Firefox
Remove iTubeDownload add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find iTubeDownload add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove iTubeDownload from Internet Explorer
Remove iTubeDownload extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on iTubeDownload, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can make a check for presence of suspicious programs with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.
Remove iTubeDownload Adware Infection Completely
iTubeDownload adware might be spread in a bundle with malicious programs used by cyber criminals as spyware for stealing your money or a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove iTubeDownload you need to run full antivirus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter for removing threats that are not accessed by anti-virus products.