LionShopper is a program for online shopping classified as adware. It hijacks your browsing history in Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox Chrome and displays ads and deals related to your searches and sites you visit. LionShopper consist of many components like LionShopper program and similarly named web browser extensions. Computer users often get frustrated with removing adware, but in fact, it is not that difficult to remove LionShopper components by following this guide or by using removal tools. LionShopper is often automatically installed in a deceptive for user’s way along with other free programs. Unless you notice presence of this adware in setup wizard for a free program that you download, then it is automatically installed along with a free program and you get ads in your web browsers. If you try to remove LionShopper, you need to perform different procedures for removing all the adware component from your computer, or use some removal tool for making this job for you. This removal guide will help you to remove LionShopper manually or with a help of special security software that removes LionShopper and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is LionShopper?
LionShopper is adware that infects your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you install freeware from the web. This program is developed for displaying ads and deals and consists of a Windows application and similarly named browser extensions specific for web browsers installed on your computer. These adware components are designed for spying on your web browsing and displaying ads related to your browsing history. When you click on such ads, LionShopper owners and distributors get some money on pay-per-click basis paid by promoters. While LionShopper is not malicious, the downside of using it is wasted web traffic and your compromised privacy that put you at risk of sharing your user’s profile among various sales companies. LionShopper is often distributed with free programs that you may download. This adware is deceptively installed unless you disable the optional for LionShopper before installing a program or update that you download. Removing LionShopper is quite easy, but other adware programs that might come bundled with it are often tricky and stubborn for your removal effort.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like LionShopper, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
LionShopper Adware Removal ToolLionShopper Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove LionShopper and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to LionShopper malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete LionShopper components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against LionShopper and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove LionShopper from Windows
You need to uninstall all the LionShopper components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to LionShopper. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall LionShopper on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "LionShopper" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall LionShopper on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight LionShopper program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall LionShopper on Windows XP
Uninstalling LionShopper from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on LionShopper program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove LionShopper from Chrome
Remove LionShopper extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find LionShopper extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove LionShopper from Firefox
Remove LionShopper add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find LionShopper add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove LionShopper from Internet Explorer
Remove LionShopper extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on LionShopper, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Remove LionShopper Adware Infection Completely
LionShopper adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove LionShopper adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.