MacZilla is an adware for shopping that infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. It hacks visited web pages and converts words to links that promote business partners and cause more popup ads, coupons, and banners displayed in your web browsers. MacZilla is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this MacZilla tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. It is possible that some ads displayed by MacZilla can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. MacZilla consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions.
If you want to get rid of MacZilla ads, then you need to uninstall MacZilla application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to MacZilla adware. See the guide below for details on manual MacZilla removal, and use MacZilla removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This removal guide will help you to remove MacZilla adware manually or use special security software that removes MacZilla and other malware. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against future problems with malicious programs.
What is MacZilla?
MacZilla is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks on ads, coupons, and other deals. While it is not malicious, MacZilla is often deceptively installed with other free programs, and this might be not only annoying. Adware often compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history and wastes your web traffic and system resources if you do not really need MacZilla. Since this adware consists of multiple components installed as a program and web browser extensions, it is more difficult to remove MacZilla than other Windows programs. The guide below explains how to remove each of MacZilla components related to browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove MacZilla, just follow this guide, and you will get rid of MacZilla ads pretty soon. Certainly, there might be more adware programs responsible for displaying ads in your web browser, and you might need a special program that finds and helps to remove MacZilla and like adware programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
SpyHunter can protect your computer against various malware infections that are wide-spread today. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
MacZilla Adware Removal ToolMacZilla Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove MacZilla and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to MacZilla malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete MacZilla components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against MacZilla and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove MacZilla from Windows
You need to uninstall all the MacZilla components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to MacZilla.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall MacZilla on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "MacZilla" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall MacZilla on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight MacZilla program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall MacZilla on Windows XP
Uninstalling MacZilla from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on MacZilla program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove MacZilla from Chrome
Remove MacZilla extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find MacZilla extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove MacZilla from Firefox
Remove MacZilla add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find MacZilla add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove MacZilla from Internet Explorer
Remove MacZilla extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on MacZilla, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual MacZilla removal is not difficult. Complex malware infection is. Other malware and adware programs might be installed on your computer. You need to remove this infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter’s MacZilla Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove MacZilla Adware Infection Completely
MacZilla adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove MacZilla adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.