MyStartSearch adware is a homepage redirect virus installed by a browser hijackers in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Such hijacker are part of a download client that comes with free programs distributed over the web or part of an adware program installed on your computer. You may agree to install MyStartSearch by yourself if you believe that it offers some value. More often, MyStartSearch is deceptively installed without your knowledge and true consent. MyStartSearch is not malicious, and anti-virus software usually do not warn you on this potential threat while assuming that computer users read all the information placed in a download client. In fact, many users just keep clicking on buttons without taking a close look at screen contents. Later they often think that MyStartSearch is virus and want to remove it. The first is not true, and the last is a good idea because web pages that look like search engines and used for link promotion present potential threat to your security and privacy.
MyStartSearch installation is often deceptive because this adware is promoted as one that will improve your search experience. It is likely that you will not even notice MyStartSearch presence because the announcement about this optional program is not separated from other information and looks like a part of a free program that you had download. MyStartSearch is set for automatic installation, and if you do not disable it, then MyStartSearch replaces your default search engine or/and homepage with a different web address used for making money on a deceptive link promotion and advertising.
MyStartSearch has a component installed as a Windows application and components installed as MyStartSearch BHO (browser helper objects), extension, or add-on in your Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. However, MyStartSearch redirect might be set without installing any components on your computer or set by other affiliated adware programs. If you want to get rid of the redirect to MyStartSearch and remove ads that it runs in your web browser, then you need to uninstall MyStartSearch application and remove extensions related to MyStartSearch from your web browsers if they are present. Then you need to change browser settings and restore your preferred ones.
You can remove MyStartSearch either manually or with a help of special security software that removes MyStartSearch and other malicious programs. SpyHunter is not only a perfect malware removal tool. It offers a very reliable malware detection and can protect your computer against new infection in a real time. Its free scanner is also very helpful for manual removal.
What is MyStartSearch?
MyStartSearch is a search redirect software installed on user’r computer along with freeware. It is designed for injecting promoted links into organic search results and collecting information about user’s browsing history. The search is usually redirected to mystartsearch.com, but it might point to other web address as well. This program makes some changes and installs some components that have to be removed for getting rid of this redirect. It is better to be careful while installing free programs today since the practice of monetizing free program development with bundled adware is common today. Removing MyStartSearch and redirect to mystartsearch.com requires time consuming procedures that are sometimes confusing to computer users since all web browsers are different and procedures needed for removing adware vary depend on browser.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
If you want to avoid installing adware like MyStartSearch, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. It will save you a lot of time needed for removing unwanted adware. Use SpyHunter for real-time protection, reliable virus detection, and clean removal. Use it as a MyStartSearch removal tool instead of wasting your time with manual removal of bunch of adware programs waiting to infect your computer with virtually any free download.
MyStartSearch Adware Removal ToolMyStartSearch Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove MyStartSearch and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to MyStartSearch malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete MyStartSearch components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against MyStartSearch and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove MyStartSearch from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall MyStartSearch related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than mystartsearch.com. Plugin removal is optional and depends on what other adware programs were installed along with free programs.
Use the following guide for removing MyStartSearch from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer. Samples of needed products you can find on the sidebar.
Uninstall MyStartSearch on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Wsys Control, WPM" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall MyStartSearch on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Wsys Control, WPM program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall MyStartSearch on Windows XP
Uninstalling MyStartSearch from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Wsys Control, WPM program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove MyStartSearch from Chrome
Remove MyStartSearch extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove unwanted search engine serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select unwanted search engine search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove Mystartsearch.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select Mystartsearch.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove MyStartSearch from Firefox
Remove MyStartSearch add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove unwanted search engine serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove MyStartSearch from Internet Explorer
Remove MyStartSearch extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace unwanted search engine with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace Mystartsearch.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace Mystartsearch.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using MyStartSearch Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove MyStartSearch Search Redirect Completely
MyStartSearch redirect uses a trick similar to Do-Search and Nation Zoom Search viruses. It is used for protecting the redirect against removal by common means by attaching the redirect command to shortcut links related to infected web browser. Since many people are not aware if this, it makes MyStartSearch redirect stubborn. For removing this tricky redirect, you need to find any link on your desktop and in Windows menus and cut the tail.
- Right-click the link or the menu item related to your web browser.
- In the popup menu click Properties option placed at the bottom.
- In the opened dialog box click Target. Anything placed after [browser name].exe is a redirect that has to be removed.
- Remove the malicious tail attachment with a redirect.
- Do it for all shortcuts on your desktop and all menu items in the Start menu.
MyStartSearch redirect might come along with other unwanted programs. They display ads and redirect your web search, and you need to remove all of them and scan your system for identifying and removing other threats. Use decent and powerful antivirus software for protecting your system, and scan your system with a free anti-spyware program that comes with this removal tool for removing hidden threats that are legitimate in nature and are not addressed by antivirus products.