OMG Music Plus is an adware program promoted as one that helps to find your favorite songs on the web. It can. However, the main purpose of OMG Music Plus is making money out of users’ clicks on ads displayed in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You can notice such ads by the signature “Ads by OMG Music Plus” displayed on these ads. Some ads. might come from affiliated promotional networks. OMG Music Plus distributors are paid for OMG Music Plus installation, and the mystery of OMG Music Plus that suddenly appear in your web browser is related to a tricky installation that is deceptive for users. OMG Music Plus is often deceptively installed with free programs that you may download from the web. Such practice is called bundling, and OMG Music Plus is just a one of adware programs that are installed this way.
If you want to remove OMG Music Plus adware and to get rid of ads, then you need to some work. First, you need to remove OMG Music Plus application installed as a Windows program. Then you need to remove OMG Music Plus extension from your Chrome, OMG Music Plus add-on from your Firefox, and OMG Music Plus BHO (browser helper object from your Internet Explorer. The last thing is cleaning you browser cache, removing temporary internet files, and restarting your web browsers. Just follow the guide below for OMG Music Plus adware removal, or use the offered removal tool that helps to remove OMG Music Plus and other malicious programs automatically.
If you want to remove OMG Music Plus and other malware as well, then use SpyHunter. This program offers a real-time protection that can protect you against future trouble. It has a truly reliable malware detection and timely updated virus database. It also provides a free online support for removing viruses that the software cannot access for some reason. Ads in your web browser caused by any adware program will be gone.
What is OMG Music Plus?
OMG Music Plus is a program and web browser extension that designed for tracing user’s web browsing history and offering matching ads and coupons that promote partners’ business and help to monetize such activity. Currently, the plenty of products like OMG Music Plus are distributed by free program developers for monetizing. Adware is bundled with free program and set for an automatic installation along with a free program while the ability of a user to notice its presence is often somehow obscured, or it is combined with other options related to a free program used as a host for adware and hidden under “typical installation” option. So, many users get OMG Music Plus deceptively installed without any will to do that.
Protection against adware deceptive installation:
Protect your computer against malware with a help of SpyHunter that can block common means used by malware for sneaking into your system and infecting your computer. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
OMG Music Plus Adware Removal ToolOMG Music Plus Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove OMG Music Plus and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to OMG Music Plus malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete OMG Music Plus components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against OMG Music Plus and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove OMG Music Plus Ads Manually
You need to uninstall OMG Music Plus application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to OMG Music Plus adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall OMG Music Plus on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "OMG Music Plus" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall OMG Music Plus on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight OMG Music Plus program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall OMG Music Plus on Windows XP
Uninstalling OMG Music Plus from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on OMG Music Plus program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove OMG Music Plus from Chrome
Remove OMG Music Plus extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find OMG Music Plus extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove OMG Music Plus from Firefox
Remove OMG Music Plus add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find OMG Music Plus add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove OMG Music Plus from Internet Explorer
Remove OMG Music Plus extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on OMG Music Plus, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is easy, and OMG Music Plus ads should be gone if you follow the guide. Other adware, spyware, malware, and viruses might infect your computer. You need either to detect and manually remove it, or use a free scanner that comes with SpyHunter malware detection and automated removal if you opt for it.
Remove OMG Music Plus Adware Infection Completely
OMG Music Plus adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove OMG Music Plus you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter or one that comes with OMG Music Plus Removal Tool. Both anti-malware scanners are free, and you can always check is your computer infected or not.