OptimizeBuy is an adware program that hijacks web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome and displays ads and deals. This adware consist of many components like OptimizeBuy program and similarly named web browser extensions. Computer users often get frustrated with removing adware, but in fact, it is not that difficult to remove OptimizeBuy components by following this guide or by using removal tools. OptimizeBuy is often automatically installed in a deceptive for user’s way along with other free programs. Unless you notice presence of this adware in setup wizard for a free program that you download, then it is automatically installed along with a free program and you get ads in your web browsers. If you try to remove OptimizeBuy, you need to perform different procedures for removing all the adware component from your computer, or use some removal tool for making this job for you.
This removal guide helps to remove OptimizeBuy manually or use special security software that removes OptimizeBuy and other malicious programs. SpyHunter is definitely one of the best. It offers reliable malware detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against future infections.
What is OptimizeBuy?
OptimizeBuy is a program and web browser extension that are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. OptimizeBuy adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These OptimizeBuy components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on OptimizeBuy ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why OptimizeBuy is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. OptimizeBuy is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing OptimizeBuy is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like OptimizeBuy, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
OptimizeBuy Adware Removal ToolOptimizeBuy Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove OptimizeBuy and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to OptimizeBuy malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete OptimizeBuy components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against OptimizeBuy and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove OptimizeBuy Ads Manually
For manual removal you need to uninstall all OptimizeBuy components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall OptimizeBuy on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "OptimizeBuy" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall OptimizeBuy on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight OptimizeBuy program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall OptimizeBuy on Windows XP
Uninstalling OptimizeBuy from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on OptimizeBuy program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove OptimizeBuy from Chrome
Remove OptimizeBuy extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find OptimizeBuy extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove OptimizeBuy from Firefox
Remove OptimizeBuy add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find OptimizeBuy add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove OptimizeBuy from Internet Explorer
Remove OptimizeBuy extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on OptimizeBuy, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal procedure is time consuming and cannot remove other malware from your computer. You can save your time and protect yourself against errors by using OptimizeBuy Removal Tool instead of performing different manual removal procedures. Any problem you get with removal is backed up by technical support, and bundled free anti-spyware program helps to remove other threats for free for a full year.
Remove OptimizeBuy Adware Infection Completely
Note: It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of advare removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. So, this checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.