PassWidget is an adware program that displays ads in your web browsers. It is often deceptively installed with free programs that you download from the Internet if you failed to disable PassWidget installation option. This adware infects Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, and then ads, pop-ups, and deals are displayed in your web browsers. If you want to remove PassWidget, then you need to remove all PassWidget components installed as a program and as web browser extensions.
This removal guide will help you to remove PassWidget manually or with a help of special software that removes PassWidget and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is PassWidget Adware?
If you want to avoid installing adware like PassWidget, then you need to be careful and inspect what you get with a free program download. Pay attention to controls placed in a setup wizard for a free program that you are installing. You need to inspect marked check boxes with labels related to unwanted programs like PassWidget. Use “custom” installation instead of “typical” since the last one might hide adware program among other components.
PassWidget Ads Removal Tool
For removing PassWidget you need to uninstall all the PassWidget components and reset user preferences in your web browsers. You also need to remove other components that might cause redirects and spy on you for your browsing habits and history. Manual removal process is time consuming and might be unsafe to your system if some error is made.
PassWidget Removal Tool helps to make removal process easy and safe. It comes with anti-spyware program, free online assistance, and money back guaranty. This security pack helps to remove malicious programs and legitimate adware like PassWidget as well as spyware during next one-year for free. Should you prefer automated real time protection against computer threats, then you need Spy Hunter since it provides means for preventing computer infections before they cause problems.
Remove PassWidget Adware Manually
For manual removal you need to uninstall all PassWidget components. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility (“Programs and Features” on Windows 7 and Vista) . You can start this Windows utility program by clicking a link in the Control Panel menu. Then you need to find and remove PassWidget add-ons from your web browsers and reset browser settings to defaults or to your proffered ones.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstal PassWidget adware program
- Click Start button, and then click Control Panel in the system Start menu.
- Double-click “Add or Remove Programs” (“Programs and Features” for Win7 and Vista) in the Control Panel menu window.
- Scroll through the program list, highlight “PassWidget and other adware” item, and click Remove. Look for other adware programs and uninstall them.
Remove PassWidget Ads from Internet Explorer
Remove PassWidget add-ons from Internet Explorer Browsers
- Start the browser and find Tools in top menu.
- Pick Manage add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions on left, and look for “PassWidget and other adware” add-ons.
- Select this item and click Disable. Restart your browser.
Remove PassWidget from Firefox
Remove PassWidget add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and find Tools in top menu.
- Click it and select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar.
- Find “PassWidget and other adware” add-ons. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove PassWidget Ads from Chrome
Remove PassWidget add-ons for Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on the Wrench icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings from the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed extensions.
- Find and Disable/Delete all “PassWidget and other adware” add-ons.
- Restart your browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is easy to follow, and PassWidget should be gone by now. So, other adware, spyware, malware, and viruses might infect your computer. They are automatically removed if you use PassWidget Removal Tool , but otherwise you need to detect and manually remove other threats to your security and privacy.
Remove PassWidget Adware Completely
PassWidget adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove PassWidget you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter or one that comes with PassWidget Removal Tool. Both anti-malware scanners are free, and you can always check is your computer infected or not.
Find more about prevention computer infections and protection against malicious programs.