PassWizard is an adware program promoted as a plugin for managing user’s passwords. It hijacks web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome for spying on you browsing history and displaying ads and deals that can attract your clicks. Such clicks on PassWizard advertising bring profit to this adware owners and distributors that help to install PassWizard. That is probably why the installation is often deceptive. PassWizard is bundled with popular free programs and set for being automatically installed unless you notice and disable this optional adware. I guess you did not, and now you want to remove PassWizard from your computer. It is a good idea. While PassWizard is not malicious by design, any adware presents some threats to your security and privacy.
If you want to get rid of PassWizard ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove PassWizard extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove PassWizard components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove PassWizard and other malware form your infected computer.
This guide helps to remove PassWizard manually or using special security software designed for PassWizard removal. SpyHunter not only removes malicious programs. It offers a real-time protection against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) that are not removed by anti-virus software.
What is PassWizard?
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
SpyHunter can protect your computer against various malware infections that are wide-spread today. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
PassWizard Adware Removal ToolPassWizard Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove PassWizard and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to PassWizard malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete PassWizard components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against PassWizard and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove PassWizard on Windows
For manual removal, you need to remove all PassWizard components. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility (“Programs and Features” on Windows 7 and Vista) . You can start this Windows utility program by clicking a link in the Control Panel menu. Then you need to find and remove PassWizard extensions from your web browsers and reset browser settings to defaults or to your proffered ones.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall PassWizard on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "PassWizard" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall PassWizard on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight PassWizard program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall PassWizard on Windows XP
Uninstalling PassWizard from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on PassWizard program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove PassWizard from Chrome
Remove PassWizard extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find PassWizard extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove PassWizard from Firefox
Remove PassWizard add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find PassWizard add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove PassWizard from Internet Explorer
Remove PassWizard extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on PassWizard, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is simple but your computer might have other similar infections. If want to make it clean and value your time, then use PassWizard Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and get rid of other computer infections.
Remove PassWizard Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.