PhotoMania is an ad-supported program that is often installed with other freeware. This adware consists of a program and web browser extensions that hijack your web browser for displaying ads and deals. Promoted saving coupons displayed by PhotoMania barely would hurt your compute. However, your web traffic is wasted and system performance suffer from activities related to displaying advertising and spying on your web browsing history. Your privacy might also suffer. PhotoMania is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for PhotoMania installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
If you want to remove PhotoMania, then you need to get rid of all PhotoMania components. Read the guide below for details on PhotoMania removal.
This removal guide will help you to remove PhotoMania manually or using a software. If you want to remove PhotoMania and protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter that comes with real-time protection and a lot of other features related to malware removal.
What is PhotoMania?
PhotoMania is an adware developed for making money out of users’ clicks on ads, coupons, and other deals. While it is not malicious, PhotoMania is often deceptively installed with other free programs, and this might be not only annoying. Adware often compromises your privacy by tracking your browsing history and wastes your web traffic and system resources if you do not really need PhotoMania. Since this adware consists of multiple components installed as a program and web browser extensions, it is more difficult to remove PhotoMania than other Windows programs. The guide below explains how to remove each of PhotoMania components related to browsers Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove PhotoMania, just follow this guide, and you will get rid of PhotoMania ads pretty soon. Certainly, there might be more adware programs responsible for displaying ads in your web browser, and you might need a special program that finds and helps to remove PhotoMania and like adware programs.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
PhotoMania Adware Removal ToolPhotoMania Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove PhotoMania and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to PhotoMania malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete PhotoMania components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against PhotoMania and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove PhotoMania from Windows
First, you need to uninstall PhotoMania application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to PhotoMania adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall PhotoMania on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "PhotoMania" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall PhotoMania on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight PhotoMania program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall PhotoMania on Windows XP
Uninstalling PhotoMania from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on PhotoMania program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove PhotoMania from Chrome
Remove PhotoMania extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find PhotoMania extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove PhotoMania from Firefox
Remove PhotoMania add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find PhotoMania add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove PhotoMania from Internet Explorer
Remove PhotoMania extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on PhotoMania, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is easy, and PhotoMania ads should be gone if you follow the guide. Other adware, spyware, malware, and viruses might infect your computer. You need to detect and remove these programs. Removal Tool helps to make it. You can see detail of infections and remove all malicious components.
Remove PhotoMania Adware Infection Completely
PhotoMania adware might be bundled with similar and other dangerous programs used by cyber criminals. After you remove PhotoMania you need to run full anti-virus scan with your antivirus and then scan your system with anti-malware software like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.