PopCash is an adware program that offers popup deals and ads when you visit various websites that offer information about goods and services. This adware also might infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. Adware extensions installed in your web browser hijack web pages and promote business partners by showing ads by PopCash, coupons, and banners in your web browsers. PopCash tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters.
PopCash consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions. If you want to get rid of PopCash ads, then you need to uninstall PopCash application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to PopCash adware. See the guide below for details on manual PopCash removal, and use PopCash removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This removal guide will help you to remove PopCash manually or use special security software designed for removing PopCash and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers not only removal but real-time protection against malicious programs and PUP (potentially unwanted programs). It offers a free scanner that is helpful for manual removal and let access the severity of the infection.
What is PopCash?
PopCash is an adware that consists of an application and web browser extensions. These components are designed for tracing your web browsing and injecting links on websites that you visit. If you click on such links, then PopCash ads are displayed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. PopCash is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing PopCash is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like PopCash, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
PopCash Adware Removal ToolPopCash Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove PopCash and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to PopCash malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete PopCash components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against PopCash and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove PopCash from Windows
You need to uninstall all the PopCash components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to PopCash.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall PopCash on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "PopCash" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall PopCash on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight PopCash program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall PopCash on Windows XP
Uninstalling PopCash from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on PopCash program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove PopCash from Chrome
Remove PopCash extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find PopCash extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove PopCash from Firefox
Remove PopCash add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find PopCash add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove PopCash from Internet Explorer
Remove PopCash extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on PopCash, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and PopCash are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use PopCash Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove PopCash Adware Infection Completely
PopCash adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove PopCash you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.