QwikLinx is an adware program and web browser extension that hijacks your web browser for displaying ads and deals. It is promoted as a plugin for enhancing search on web pages. QwikLinx highlights words and offers search links for matching terms. This function is used for advertising, and
QwikLinx is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for QwikLinx installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove QwikLinx, then you need to get rid of all QwikLinx components. Read the guide below for details on QwikLinx removal.
This removal guide will help you to remove QwikLinx manually. If you want to get rid of ads in your web browser and malicious programs that are spying on you, then you need some detection tool like SpyHunter anti-malware scanner that offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is QwikLinx?
QwikLinx is an adware that infects your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. It consists of a Windows application and similarly named browser extensions specific for web browsers installed on your computer. These adware components are designed for spying on your web browsing and highlighting words in texts that might attract you for displaying related ads. When you click on such ads, QwikLinx owners and distributors get some money on pay-per-click basis paid by promoters. While QwikLinx is not malicious, the downside of using it is wasted web traffic and your compromised privacy that put you at risk of sharing your user’s profile among various sales companies. QwikLinx is often distributed with free programs that you may download. This adware is deceptively installed unless you disable the optional for QwikLinx before installing a program or update that you download. Removing QwikLinx is quite easy, but other adware programs that might come bundled with it are often tricky and stubborn for your removal effort.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware products like QwikLinx, then you need to remember that adware programs are delivered with other free programs, set for automatic installation, and installed unless you disable such optional items. Pay attention to marked check boxes placed in setup wizard screens and disable additional software unless you know it. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs. Read EULA that might inform you about adware programs and terms of their use.
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand.
QwikLinx Adware Removal ToolQwikLinx Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove QwikLinx and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to QwikLinx malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete QwikLinx components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against QwikLinx and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove QwikLinx from Windows
You need to uninstall all the QwikLinx components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to QwikLinx.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall QwikLinx on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "QwikLinx" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall QwikLinx on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight QwikLinx program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall QwikLinx on Windows XP
Uninstalling QwikLinx from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on QwikLinx program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove QwikLinx from Chrome
Remove QwikLinx extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find QwikLinx extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove QwikLinx from Firefox
Remove QwikLinx add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find QwikLinx add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove QwikLinx from Internet Explorer
Remove QwikLinx extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on QwikLinx, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal procedures for QwikLinx are easy. Though, if your value your time and suspect other computer infections, then it is better to use SpyHunter instead of the manual removal. This security software scans your computer system and helps to remove all malicious program that are found.
Remove QwikLinx Adware Infection Completely
QwikLinx is often spread in a bundle with other adware programs, and your computer might also be infected with other malware. Malicious programs are used by cyber criminals for spying on your security information, stealing your money, and using your computer as a bot for fraud. After you remove QwikLinx adware, run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and use SpyHunter for anti-malware protection.