RapidUp is an ad-supported program that checks speed of your internet connection. This adware hijack your web browser for displaying ads and deals. Promoted saving coupons displayed by RapidUp barely would hurt your compute. However, your web traffic is wasted and system performance suffer from activities related to displaying advertising and spying on your web browsing history. Your privacy might also suffer. RapidUp is often deceptively installed along with free programs that people download. Such practice is called bundling, and if you fail to disable option for RapidUp installation, then it is installed as a Windows application and web browser extensions and BHO for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
If you want to remove RapidUp, then you need to get rid of all RapidUp components. Read the guide below for details on RapidUp removal.
This guide helps to remove RapidUp manually or using special security software designed for RapidUp removal. SpyHunter not only removes malicious programs. It offers a real-time protection against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) that are not removed by anti-virus software.
What is RapidUp?
RapidUp is a program and web browser extension that are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads and deals in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. RapidUp adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins present as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO. These RapidUp components are designed for tracking your web browsing and displaying advertising in various ways. If you click on RapidUp ads, then the owner gets profit for your click from promoters. That is why RapidUp is often deceptively installed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. RapidUp is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing RapidUp is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
RapidUp Adware Removal ToolRapidUp Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove RapidUp and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to RapidUp malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete RapidUp components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against RapidUp and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove RapidUp from Windows
You need to uninstall all the RapidUp components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to RapidUp.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall RapidUp on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "RapidUp" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall RapidUp on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight RapidUp program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall RapidUp on Windows XP
Uninstalling RapidUp from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on RapidUp program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove RapidUp from Chrome
Remove RapidUp extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find RapidUp extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove RapidUp from Firefox
Remove RapidUp add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find RapidUp add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove RapidUp from Internet Explorer
Remove RapidUp extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on RapidUp, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and RapidUp are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use RapidUp Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove RapidUp Adware Infection Completely
RapidUp adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove RapidUp adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.