Rocket Downloader is an ad-supported application for downloading YouTube videos that often comes bundled with adware and is promoted by other adware programs that display popup from rocket-downloader.com in your web browser Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. This makes removing adware related to Rocket Downloader tricky, and your action depends on what you get. If you get a popup with Rocket Downloader promotion, then you have some adware already installed. It might come with the last free program that you get from the Internet, and you need to remove such program and other suspicious programs found in the list. If you have Rocket Downloader installed and want to remove it, then you need to remove adware programs and extensions installed along with Rocket Downloader. Read the guide below and see how to uninstall Rocket Downloader and get rid of adware related to Rocket Downloader.
If you want to remove Rocket Downloader and other malicious programs as well as protect your computer against future infections and deceptively installed programs, then use SpyHunter. It comes with real-time protection and have truly reliable malware detection rate. This program also provide very useful free scan results that might help you with Rocket Downloader manual removal.
What is Rocket Downloader?
Rocket Downloader is a popular downloader for YouTube videos that often comes packed with adware used for displaying ads in your web browsers or redirecting your search engine to different one used for link promotion. Such activities help to monetize the Rocket Downloader distribution and development. However, ads and redirected search barely suit your needs and might to compromise your security and privacy. Adware bundled with Rocket Downloader can also increase your web traffic and decrease system performance. If you want to remove ads from your web browser, then you need to find programs that come with Rocket Downloader and used for advertising. Rocket Downloader is advertised itself in annoying way of hijacking your web browser and displaying a popup liked to Rocket Downloader download page. The same story. You need first to find what program displays such popup, and only then you can remove Rocket Downloader related adware. Free scanner of SpyHunter, that I mention above, help to find out what components present on your computer are malicious and probably responsible for Rocket Downloader popup and ads.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware products like Rocket Downloader, then you need to remember that adware programs are delivered with other free programs, set for automatic installation, and installed unless you disable such optional items. Pay attention to marked check boxes placed in setup wizard screens and disable additional software unless you know it. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs. Read EULA that might inform you about adware programs and terms of their use.
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand.
Rocket Downloader Adware Removal Tool
SpuHunter is a perfect Rocket Downloader Removal Tool that helps to uninstall Rocket Downloader components installed as a program and куьщму web browser extensions. This security tool is frequently updated and has a very reliable malware detection rate. What does it mean? It means that SpyHunter offers you as a bonus truly reliable real-time protection against malware. If you use it as Rocket Downloader Removal Tool, you will also get a free online support that helps to solve problems and remove even the most dangerous and stubborn computer infections. Active protection helps to guard your computer against malicious programs and PUPs similar to Rocket Downloader
Remove Rocket Downloader Ads Manually
For manual removal you need to uninstall all Rocket Downloader components. Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstal Rocket Downloader adware program
- Click Start button, and then click Control Panel in the system Start menu.
- Double-click “Add or Remove Programs” (“Programs and Features” for Win7 and Vista) in the Control Panel menu window.
- Scroll through the program list, highlight “Rocket Downloader”, “Wajam”, “Yontoo” item, and click Remove. Look for other adware programs and uninstall them.
Remove Rocket Downloader Ads from Internet Explorer
Remove Rocket Downloader extensions from Internet Explorer Browsers
- Start the browser and find Tools in top menu.
- Pick Manage add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions on left, and look for “Rocket Downloader”, “Wajam”, “Yontoo” extensions.
- Select this item and click Disable. Restart your browser.
Remove Rocket Downloader Ads from Firefox
Remove Rocket Downloader add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and find Tools in top menu.
- Click it and select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar.
- Find “Rocket Downloader”, “Wajam”, “Yontoo” add-ons. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Rocket Downloader Ads from Chrome
Remove Rocket Downloader extensions for Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on the Wrench icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings from the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed extensions.
- Find and Disable/Delete all “Rocket Downloader”, “Wajam”, “Yontoo” extensions.
- Restart your browser.
Rocket Downloader Infection Components:
Delete Rocket Downloader files and folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Video Downloader\uninst.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Video Downloader\Video Downloader.exe
- C:\Users\All Users\ZalmanInstaller_VideoDownloader\ExecComponent1.exe
- C:\Users\All Users\ZalmanInstaller_VideoDownloader\wajamchecker.exe
- C:\Users\Test PC\Desktop\Video Downloader.lnk
- %PROGRAMFILES%\Video Downloader\
- C:\Users\All Users\ZalmanInstaller_VideoDownloader\
- %PROGRAMS%\Video Downloader\
Note: Manual Rocket Downloader removal is not difficult. Complex malware infection is. Other malware and adware programs might be installed on your computer. You need to remove this infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter and Rocket Downloader Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove Rocket Downloader Adware Infection Completely
Rocket Downloader adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove Rocket Downloader you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter or one that comes with Rocket Downloader Removal Tool. Both anti-malware scanners are free, and you can always check is your computer infected or not.
Find more about safe practices that can help to prevent computer infections and protect your system against malicious programs.