Safe Homepage Search adware is a redirect installed by browser hijackers in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Such hijacker is a part of a download client that comes with free programs distributed over the web or part of an adware program installed on your computer. You may agree to install Safe Homepage Search by yourself if you believe that it offers some value. More often, Safe Homepage Search is deceptively installed without your knowledge and true consent. Safe Homepage Search is not malicious, and anti-virus software usually do not warn you on this potential threat while assuming that computer users read all the information placed in a download client. In fact, many users just keep clicking on buttons without taking a close look at screen contents. Later they often think that Safe Homepage Search is virus and want to remove it. The first is not true, and the last is a good idea because web pages that look like search engines and used for link promotion present potential threat to your security and privacy.
Safe Homepage Search installation is often deceptive because this adware is promoted as one that will improve your search experience. It is likely that you will not even notice Safe Homepage Search presence because the announcement about this optional program is not separated from other information and looks like a part of a free program that you had download. Safe Homepage Search is set for automatic installation, and if you do not disable it, then Safe Homepage Search replaces your default search engine or/and homepage with a different web address used for making money on a deceptive link promotion and advertising.
Safe Homepage Search has a component installed as a Windows application and components installed as Safe Homepage Search BHO (browser helper objects), extension, or add-on in your Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. However, Safe Homepage Search redirect might be set without installing any components on your computer or set by other affiliated adware programs. If you want to get rid of the redirect to Safe Homepage Search and remove ads that it runs in your web browser, then you need to uninstall Safe Homepage Search application and remove extensions related to Safe Homepage Search from your web browsers if they are present. Then you need to change browser settings and restore your preferred ones.
This removal guide provides information for manual Safe Homepage Search removal. You also can use Spy Hunter, that protects your computer against future infections and offers online support for malware removal.
What is Safe Homepage Search?
Safe Homepage Search is a rogue search page used for link promotion that helps owners and developers to collecting income on pay-per-click basis. This redirect is usually installed on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as the most used web browsers. Safe Homepage Search is promoted as a plugin that extends your web browsing with additional functionality. However, results that you will get from your search queries will become less relevant, and more ads will appear in your web browser. Components that belong to Safe Homepage Search might track your web-browsing history and threaten your privacy if such information will be shared with potential email spammers or used by cyber criminals.
Safe Homepage Search consist of a Windows program and web browser plugins and extensions installed in your web browsers. It also changes web browser settings for search engine, homepage, and possibly new tab. This makes removing Safe Homepage Search more complicated than removing other Windows programs. Be careful while you install free programs from the web because it takes less time to prevent installing unwanted program than to remove Safe Homepage Search from your computer. This guide will help you to remove Safe Homepage Search and similar threats if you can identify them.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Programs like Safe Homepage Search, are initially set for automatic installation when they come with free programs. The information about additional programs is present but often intensively hidden from users view. You need always read labels placed near marked check boxes and use “custom” installation option instead of “typical” since additional programs might hide there. Finally, just be attentive while installing some downloaded content since many people fail to notice unwanted programs before it is too late and Safe Homepage Search or other such program should be somehow removed.
Remove Safe Homepage Search from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all Safe Homepage Search search redirect components. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs” utility (“Programs and Features” on Windows 7 and Vista) . You can start this utility program by clicking a link in the Control Panel menu. Then you need to find and remove Safe Homepage Search. After this program is removed, you need to remove Safe Homepage Search add-ons from your web browsers and reset browser settings to preferred ones.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure hidden malicious programs and spyware are also removed.
Uninstall Safe Homepage Search on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "any suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Safe Homepage Search on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight any suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Safe Homepage Search on Windows XP
Uninstalling Safe Homepage Search from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on any suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Safe Homepage Search from Chrome
Remove Safe Homepage Search extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find any suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove unwanted search engine serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select unwanted search engine search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove searches.safehomepage.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select searches.safehomepage.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Safe Homepage Search from Firefox
Remove Safe Homepage Search add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find any suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove unwanted search engine serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Safe Homepage Search from Internet Explorer
Remove Safe Homepage Search extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on any suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace unwanted search engine with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace searches.safehomepage.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace searches.safehomepage.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Safe Homepage Search Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Safe Homepage Search Search Redirect Completely
Safe Homepage Search with search redirect potentially might link you to websites that can be infected or involved in spreading malicious programs. These programs help cyber criminals to spy on you and use your computer for an illegal activities on the web. Anti-spyware scanner, that you get along with the removal tool for free, helps to remove spyware and makes your system more secure and private. After you remove Safe Homepage Search you need to run full antispyware scan, then update your antivirus program and check for viruses. Use the antispyware that comes with Safe Homepage Search Removal Tool for free, and have your computer protected against spyware for a full year.
You also need to look for possible malicious redirects placed into your Hosts file and remove them. If you notice some problems with search redirects, check your web browser proxy and default settings and reset them to defaults. Do not forget to clean all the cookies from your web browsers.