Safe Web is a monitoring app that tracks tracking of user’s activities by others. This program is ad-supported and often bundled with popular freeware distributed over the web. If you installed such free program and failed to disable this optional additional installation, then Safe Web ads appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. The option for installation is usually announced along with a check box marked for installation.
If you want to get rid of or Safe Web ads and remove this adware, then you can easily do that by following this guide. For this, you need to remove Safe Web components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to Safe Web adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to Safe Web. In this case, it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
This removal guide will help you to remove Safe Web adware manually or use special security software that removes Safe Web and other malware. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against future problems with malicious programs.
What is Safe Web?
Safe Web is adware bundled with a simple surveillance app that shows who is tracking user’s web activities. It consists of a Windows application and similarly named browser extensions specific for web browsers installed on your computer. These adware components are designed for spying on your web browsing and displaying ads related to your browsing history. When you click on such ads, Safe Web owners and distributors get some money on pay-per-click basis paid by promoters. While Safe Web is not malicious, the downside of using it is wasted web traffic and your compromised privacy that put you at risk of sharing your user’s profile among various sales companies. Safe Web is often distributed with free programs that you may download. This adware is deceptively installed unless you disable the optional for Safe Web before installing a program or update that you download. Removing Safe Web is quite easy, but other adware programs that might come bundled with it are often tricky and stubborn for your removal effort.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
Safe Web Adware Removal ToolSafe Web Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Safe Web and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Safe Web malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Safe Web components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Safe Web and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Safe Web from Windows
You need to uninstall all the Safe Web components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Safe Web.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall Safe Web on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Safe Web" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Safe Web on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Safe Web program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Safe Web on Windows XP
Uninstalling Safe Web from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Safe Web program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Safe Web from Chrome
Remove Safe Web extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Safe Web extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Safe Web from Firefox
Remove Safe Web add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Safe Web add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Safe Web from Internet Explorer
Remove Safe Web extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Safe Web, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for Safe Web is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. Safe Web Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove Safe Web Adware Infection Completely
Safe Web adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs and it might be also used by cyber criminals for spying on you and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams. After you remove Safe Web you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.