Safer Browser is a hijacker that replaces your default search engine and homepage in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install some freeware program from the web. The redirects like one to search.safe.com or like and adware programs are often deceptively installed with other freeware that you download, and you should be careful while installing free programs from the web.
If you want to remove Safer Browser and restore your preferred search, then you need to uninstall Safer Browser. program if you can find it in the list of installed programs. You also need to remove suspicious web browser extension or similar extension related to Safer Browser. After you remove this components, you need to fix your web browser and replace search.safe.com or like with your preferred search engine. If Safer Browser browser hijacker is the only problem, and there is no other malicious programs, then our guide for manual Safer Browser removal will help you. Otherwise, it is better to use special security software for automated process that will remove Safer Browser and other malicious programs from your computer.
You can remove Safer Browser either manually or with a help of special security software that removes Safer Browser and other malicious programs. SpyHunter is not only a perfect malware removal tool. It offers a very reliable malware detection and can protect your computer against new infection in a real time. Its free scanner is also very helpful for manual removal.
What is Safer Browser?
Safer Browser is a search page used for link promotion that helps owners and developers to collecting income on pay-per-click basis. This redirect is usually installed on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as the most used web browsers. Safer Browser is promoted as a plugin that extends your web browsing with additional functionality. However, results that you will get from your search queries will become less relevant, and more ads will appear in your web browser. Components that belong to Safer Browser might track your web-browsing history and threaten your privacy if such information will be shared with potential email spammers or used by cyber criminals.
Safer Browser consist of a Windows program and web browser plugins and extensions installed in your web browsers. It also changes web browser settings for search engine, homepage, and possibly new tab. This makes removing Safer Browser more complicated than removing other Windows programs. Be careful while you install free programs from the web because it takes less time to prevent installing unwanted program than to remove Safer Browser from your computer. This guide will help you to remove Safer Browser and similar threats if you can identify them.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Your attention is important when you install freeware. It often comes bundled with optional programs set for automatic installation, and most of these programs are ad-supported or installed with browser hijackers that change your default search and homepage to different URLs where you will find some rogue search engine. SpyHunter. Pay attention to marked check boxes since Safer Browser is set for an automatic installation along with a free program. Use “custom” installation option that lists installed components, instead of “typical” that hides them along with adware components being installed.
Safer Browser Adware Removal ToolSafer Browser Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Safer Browser and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Safer Browser malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Safer Browser components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Safer Browser and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Safer Browser from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall all Safer Browser components. It consists of programs and web browser add-ons that you need to remove. Then you need to fix settings of your web browsers. I also forget to mention add-on that protects Safer Browser against removal and your web browsers against resetting. It is called Browser Protect or Browser Defender, and you need to remove it first. Then remove other Safer Browser components.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-spyware program to make sure hidden malicious programs and spyware are also removed.
Uninstall Safer Browser on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Safer Browser" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Safer Browser on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Safer Browser program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Safer Browser on Windows XP
Uninstalling Safer Browser from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Safer Browser program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Safer Browser from Chrome
Remove Safer Browser extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Safer Browser extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove search.safer.com or like serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select search.safer.com or like search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove search.safer.com or other unwanted homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select search.safer.com or other unwanted or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove Safer Browser from Firefox
Remove Safer Browser add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Safer Browser add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove search.safer.com or like serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove Safer Browser from Internet Explorer
Remove Safer Browser extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Safer Browser, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace search.safer.com or like with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace search.safer.com or other unwanted homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace search.safer.com or other unwanted with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using Safer Browser Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove Safer Browser Search Redirect Completely
Safer Browser with search redirect potentially might link you to websites that can be infected or involved in spreading malicious programs. These programs help cyber criminals to spy on you and use your computer for an illegal activities on the web. Anti-spyware scanner, that you get along with the removal tool for free, helps to remove spyware and makes your system more secure and private. After you remove Safer Browser you need to run full antispyware scan, then update your antivirus program and check for viruses. Use the antispyware that comes with Safer Browser Removal Tool for free, and have your computer protected against spyware for a full year.
You also need to look for possible malicious redirects placed into your Hosts file and remove them. If you notice some problems with search redirects, check your web browser proxy and default settings and reset them to defaults. Do not forget to clean all the cookies from your web browsers.