Savifier is an adware that consists of a Widows program and web browser extension, add-ons, or browser helper objects installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you want to remove Savifier, then you need to remove all of these Savifier components. Besides displaying ads in your web browser Savifier compromises your privacy with activities related to web search history tracking. It also wastes your web traffic and load your computer with activities that you barely need. Savifier is often deceptively installed with popular free programs that you download. This practice is called bundling and involves attaching Savifier installation program to a setup wizard that came with a free program or a download client used as a wrapper. Savifier barely would hurt your computer, but some ads might lead to computer infection. You need to be attentive when installing free programs, and if adware programs like Savifier infect your computer, then it is better to remove them ass soon as possible. Use the guide below for manual Savifier removal or a Savifier removal tool that helps to remove other malicious programs and protect your security and privacy.
This removal guide will help you to remove Savifier manually or with a help of special software that removes Savifier and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is Savifier?
Savifier is a program and web browser extension that are combined in one product used for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. Savifier adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins installed in your web browser as extensions, add-ons, or BHO (browser helper object) depend on browser. These Savifier have to be removed if you want to eliminate Savifier adware and get rid of ads. Your clicks on Savifier ads help to make money on a pay-per-click basis, and this way on monetizing is attractive to websites that distribute free software of develop such products. For users such installation of bundled adware is quite deceptive. If you fail to notice adware presence and disable Savifier before installing a free program, then your computer will be infected with Savifier. You need to be careful because some adware is difficult to uninstall, and more adware might be bundled and installed along with Savifier while removing it is not the thing that one would like.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like Savifier, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
Savifier Adware Removal ToolSavifier Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Savifier and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Savifier malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Savifier components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Savifier and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Savifier from Windows
You need to uninstall all the Savifier components manually. First you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to Savifier.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with anti-malware and anti-virus software to make sure that other threats are found and removed.
Uninstall Savifier on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Savifier and suspicious" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Savifier on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Savifier and suspicious program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Savifier on Windows XP
Uninstalling Savifier from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Savifier and suspicious program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Savifier from Chrome
Remove Savifier extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Savifier and suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Savifier from Firefox
Remove Savifier add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Savifier and suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Savifier from Internet Explorer
Remove Savifier extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Savifier and suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can make a check for presence of suspicious programs with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.
Remove Savifier Adware Infection Completely
It is possible that your computer is infected with other adware programs. You can check suspicious program names with the list of adware removal tools names and see if it match. If they match, than the program belongs to adware and our removal tools can handle it for sure. Actually, they can remove hundreds thousands of viruses, but there is always a gray area where any anti-virus fails. This checking procedure is very helpful while real scanning for viruses is definitely better.
Find more about prevention computer infections and protection against malicious programs.