SearchAtomic.com replaces default search engine in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install some freeware program from the web. The redirects and adware programs are often deceptively installed with other free programs that you download from the web.
If you want to remove SearchAtomic.com and restore your preferred search, then you need to uninstall SearchAtomic.com. program if you can find it in the list of installed programs. You also need to remove suspicious web browser extension or similar extension related to SearchAtomic.com. After you remove this components, you need to fix your web browser and replace searchatomic.com with your preferred search engine. If SearchAtomic.com browser hijacker is the only problem, and there is no other malicious programs, then our guide for manual SearchAtomic.com removal will help you. Otherwise, it is better to use special security software for automated process that will remove SearchAtomic.com and other malicious programs from your computer.
You can remove SearchAtomic.com either manually or with a help of special security software that removes SearchAtomic.com and other malicious programs. SpyHunter is not only a perfect malware removal tool. Since it offers a very reliable malware detection, it can protect your computer against new infection in a real time.
What is SearchAtomic.com?
SearchAtomic.com is an adware program bundled with add-ons that redirect Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer to searchatomic.com and components that protect SearchAtomic.com against removal. Free program developer spread this adware along with free programs for monetizing purpose, and you can get it virtually with any program that you download from the web. Removing this redirect to searchatomic.com might be a complicated issue if you are not familiar with removing adware procedures and some particular design related to the adware. It is batter to be very attentive while installing free programs or protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter designed for real time protection against adware and other malicious programs.
Protection against deceptively installed hijacker:
Removing SearchAtomic.com and the search redirect components requires some time and knowledge. It is better to take a careful look on a free program setup wizards and stop all suspicious programs from ;being installed along with a wanted one. It is a good idea to always pay attention to marked check boxes since they might be set for installing the redirect to searchatomic.com or adware program that install this redirect. Use “custom” installation option instead of going for “typical” if available because the last one might hide adware that will be installed along with a free program.
SearchAtomic.com Adware Removal ToolSearchAtomic.com Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SearchAtomic.com and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SearchAtomic.com malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SearchAtomic.com components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SearchAtomic.com and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SearchAtomic.com from Windows
For manual removal you need to uninstall SearchAtomic.com related adware programs using “Add/Remove programs” system utility. Then you need to remove all suspicious web browser extensions and reset your web browsers home page and new tab to different address other than searchatomic.com.
Use the following guide for removing SearchAtomic.com from your computer. Then scan it with antivirus and anti-spyware programs for removing other threats that infected your computer.
Uninstall SearchAtomic.com on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "The Gilda Customized Web Search" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SearchAtomic.com on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight The Gilda Customized Web Search program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SearchAtomic.com on Windows XP
Uninstalling SearchAtomic.com from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on The Gilda Customized Web Search program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SearchAtomic.com from Chrome
Remove SearchAtomic.com extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find suspicious extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove searchatomic.com serarch engine address redirect from Google Chrome
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu list as shown above.
- Find "Search" and click on Manage search engines button.
- Select searchatomic.com search engine and click on "Remove" icon.
- Select your preferred search engine and click Make default option.
Remove searchatomic.com homepage redirect on Google Chrome
- Find "On Startup" section and click on Set pages link.
- Select searchatomic.com or other unwanted address and click Remove icon.
- Select or add your preferred homepage address and click on OK button or leave google.com as your default.
Remove SearchAtomic.com from Firefox
Remove SearchAtomic.com add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find suspicious add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove searchatomic.com serarch redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and enter "about:config" in address bar and press Enter.
- In a warning box press "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
- Find and double-click on "browser.search.defaultenginename" item in the list.
- Type preferred search engine name in the box and click OKbutton.
- Type preferred URL or "about:newtab" for a blank one and click OK button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
li>Find and double-click on browser.newtab.url item in the list.
Remove SearchAtomic.com from Internet Explorer
Remove SearchAtomic.com extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on suspicious, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Replace searchatomic.com with a preferred search engine for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Manage add-ons option as shown above.
- Click on Search Providers tab located on left side.
- Find and click on unwanted search provider name in the list of providers. Then click on Remove button.
- Find your preferred search provider and click on Set as default button.
Replace searchatomic.com homepage with a preffered one for Internet Explorer
- Open Tools menu and click on Internet Options menu item.
- Open General tab, find Home page section, and replace searchatomic.com with a preferred homepage address. Then click on Apply button.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using SearchAtomic.com Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove SearchAtomic.com Search Redirect Completely
Removing adware and spyware installed along with SearchAtomic.com might be tricky since this programs are profitable and thus protected. You already learned what programs you need to remove, but it is difficult to find out how many more like programs are still left hiding somewhere on your computer. Use SpyHunter or anti-spyware that comes with removal tool for scanning your system since some threats are legitimate products like SearchAtomic.com, and conventional anti-virus programs do not remove legitimate stuff.