ShopForU is an adware that infects you Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer after you install a free program or update from the Internet. It hacks visited web pages and converts words to links that promote business partners and cause more popup ads, coupons, and banners displayed in your web browsers. Ad-supported ShopForU stuff is designed for making money out of users’ clicks on displayed ads. For this ShopForU tracks user’s browsing and pulls ads that match it. It might compromise your privacy if this information will be used for lists of prospects sold to other promoters. It is possible that some ads displayed by ShopForU can have malicious links and infect your computer before they will be removed from the stock. ShopForU consists of various components installed as a program and web browser extensions.
If you want to get rid of ShopForU ads, then you need to uninstall ShopForU application and remove web browser extensions and BHO related to ShopForU adware. See the guide below for details on manual ShopForU removal, and use ShopForU removal tool if you suspect that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs.
This removal guide will help you to remove ShopForU adware manually or use special security software that removes ShopForU and other malware. SpyHunter offers reliable malware detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against future problems with malicious programs.
What is ShopForU?
ShopForU is a program and web browser extension that is designed for tracing user’s web browsing and offering ads and coupons any time when a user visits shopping websites related to products promoted with ads. Currently, the plenty of products like ShopForU are distributed by free program developers for monetizing. Adware is bundled with free program and set for an automatic installation along with a free program while the ability of a user to notice its presence is often somehow obscured, or it is combined with other options related to a free program used as a host for adware and hidden under “typical installation” option. Computer users get ShopForU deceptively installed without any will to do that.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
ShopForU Adware Removal ToolShopForU Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove ShopForU and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to ShopForU malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete ShopForU components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against ShopForU and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove ShopForU from Windows
You need to uninstall all the ShopForU components manually. First, you need to uninstall the program using “Add/Remove programs”. Then you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to ShopForU.
Use the following guide for manual removal. Then scan your computer with antispyware program to make sure that other hidden malicious programs are also removed.
Uninstall ShopForU on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "ShopForU" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall ShopForU on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight ShopForU program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall ShopForU on Windows XP
Uninstalling ShopForU from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on ShopForU program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove ShopForU from Chrome
Remove ShopForU extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find ShopForU extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove ShopForU from Firefox
Remove ShopForU add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find ShopForU add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove ShopForU from Internet Explorer
Remove ShopForU extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on ShopForU, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is quite time consuming. If your value your time, then you can save it by using ShopForU Removal Tool instead of the manual removal and scan your system with bundled free anti-spyware program to get rid of other computer infections.
Remove ShopForU Adware Infection Completely
ShopForU adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove ShopForU adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.