Shoppi is a program for advertising and promotion deceptively installed on your computer with other freeware. Shoppi is not malicious, however using adware is not safe either. It tracks your web browsing history and might compromise your privacy if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, Shoppi can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need.
If you want to get rid of Shoppi ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove Shoppi extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove Shoppi components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove Shoppi and other malware form your infected computer.
If you want to remove Shoppi ads automatically, find and remove other malicious programs, and protect your computer against malware, then use SpyHunter. This anti-malware software offers a real-time protection and helps to keep your web browser safe. Reliable malware detection and clean removal process makes SpyHunter one of the best security tools that offers premium level of anti-malware protection to your computer. It protects your security and privacy and block PUP (potentially unwanted programs) similar to Shoppi.
What is Shoppi?
Shoppi is an adware that consists of an application and web browser extensions. These components are designed for tracing your web browsing and injecting links on websites that you visit. If you click on such links, then Shoppi ads are displayed. It wastes your time, web traffic, and compromises your privacy since gathered information about your habits are often shared among promoters. Shoppi is often distributed with free program downloads. It is deceptively installed unless you disable this optional program before installing the program that you download. Removing Shoppi is quite straight, but other adware that might come with it is often difficult to remove without special tools.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing programs like Shoppi, then you need to be careful while installing free programs. You can protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace your installations, warn you on all known threats to your security and privacy, and remove any threat found on your computer. Pay attention to check boxes placed in a setup wizard for a free program that you are installing. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
Shoppi Adware Removal ToolShoppi Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove Shoppi and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to Shoppi malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete Shoppi components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against Shoppi and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove Shoppi from Windows
First, you need to uninstall Shoppi application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to Shoppi adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall Shoppi on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "Shoppi" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall Shoppi on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight Shoppi program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall Shoppi on Windows XP
Uninstalling Shoppi from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on Shoppi program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove Shoppi from Chrome
Remove Shoppi extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find Shoppi extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Shoppi from Firefox
Remove Shoppi add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find Shoppi add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove Shoppi from Internet Explorer
Remove Shoppi extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on Shoppi, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: I hope you done by now, and Shoppi are gone. However, other malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. If you still see ads displayed by other malicious program, then try to use Shoppi Removal Tool that can remove all malicious programs and protect your computer against future infections.
Remove Shoppi Adware Infection Completely
Shoppi adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal activities. After you remove Shoppi you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and rescan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanner, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.