SmartCoupon is adware program bundled and distributed with popular freeware. If you installed a free program and failed to disable option for SmartCoupon installation, then ads by SmartCoupon will appear in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. This option is usually a marked check box in a download client or a setup wizard that comes with a free program.
If you want to get rid of or SmartCoupon ads and remove this adware components from your computer system, then following this guide. You will need to remove SmartCoupon components installed as Windows application, BHO (browser helper object) and other web browser extensions related to SmartCoupon adware. Certainly, it is possible there is more malicious programs on your computer and adware programs similar to SmartCoupon. In this case it is better to use special removal tools for uninstalling all dangerous programs and removing other computer infections.
This removal guide will help you to remove SmartCoupon manually or with a help of special security software that removes SmartCoupon and other malicious programs. SpyHunter offers quality detection, clean removal, and real-time protection against malicious programs.
What is SmartCoupon?
SmartCoupon is a program and web browser extension that are combined in one product used for tracking your web browsing and displaying ads in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer when you visits various websites. SmartCoupon adware consists of a similarly named Windows application and plugins installed in your web browser as extensions, add-ons, or BHO (browser helper object) depend on browser. These SmartCoupon have to be removed if you want to eliminate SmartCoupon adware and get rid of ads. Your clicks on SmartCoupon ads help to make money on a pay-per-click basis, and this way on monetizing is attractive to websites that distribute free software of develop such products. For users such installation of bundled adware is quite deceptive. If you fail to notice adware presence and disable SmartCoupon before installing a free program, then your computer will be infected with SmartCoupon. You need to be careful because some adware is difficult to uninstall, and more adware might be bundled and installed along with SmartCoupon while removing it is not the thing that one would like.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
If you want to avoid installing adware like SmartCoupon, then remember that this kind of programs is set for automatic installation and the information about adware bundled to your download is definitely not the first thing they want you to see. Pay attention to marked check boxes in setup wizards for free programs and set on “custom” installation option instead of “typical” because the last might hide bundled adware. Be careful while installing free programs. Use SpyHunter 4 for a real-time anti-malware protection, reliable malware detection, and clean and safe removal of various threats from your computer.
SmartCoupon Adware Removal ToolSmartCoupon Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SmartCoupon and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SmartCoupon malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SmartCoupon components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SmartCoupon and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SmartCoupon Ads Manually
You need to uninstall SmartCoupon application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then, you need to remove web browser add-on components that belong to SmartCoupon adware.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall SmartCoupon on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SmartCoupon" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SmartCoupon on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SmartCoupon program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SmartCoupon on Windows XP
Uninstalling SmartCoupon from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SmartCoupon program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SmartCoupon from Chrome
Remove SmartCoupon extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SmartCoupon extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SmartCoupon from Firefox
Remove SmartCoupon add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SmartCoupon add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SmartCoupon from Internet Explorer
Remove SmartCoupon extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SmartCoupon, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: This manual removal procedure is easy, and SmartCoupon ads should be gone if you follow the guide. So, other adware, spyware, malware, and viruses might infect your computer. You either need to detect and manually remove it, or use a free scanner that comes with SpyHunter malware detection and automated removal if you opt for it.
Remove SmartCoupon Adware Infection Completely
SmartCoupon adware might come bundled with other adware programs. Some of ads might also be used by cyber criminals for installing malware and exploiting your computer as a bot for illegal internet scams or stealing your money. After you remove SmartCoupon you need to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and re scan your system with anti-spyware program like SpyHunter. This anti-malware software comes with a free scanners, and you can use scan results as a reference for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated one.
Find more information about safe practices that can help you to prevent computer infections and protect your compute system against malicious programs.