SmartShopping is an adware that promises a superior buying experience for savings. However, this program is often installed without user’s consent along with free programs from websites that employ bundling practices for monetizing. SmartShopping is not malicious, however adware is not safe either because tracking of your web browsing history might cause some privacy problems if your profile is shared among promoters. Besides that, SmartShopping can waste your web traffic for activities that you don’t really need.
If you want to get rid of SmartShopping ads and deals displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, then you need to remove SmartShopping extensions, add-ons, and browser helper objects installed in these web browsers. You also need to remove similarly named Windows application just as you would remove any other Windows program. You can remove SmartShopping components manually by following this guide. However, other adware that might be present in a bundle or installed somehow else can bring you a hard time since you need to see what to kill first. SpyHunter offers a free scanner that shows you all you need, and it can automatically remove SmartShopping and other malware form your infected computer.
This removal guide will help you to remove SmartShopping manually. However, if you also want to remove other malware and protect your computer and web browsers against malicious programs, it is better to use SpyHunter as a SmartShopping removal tool. It offers a free anti-malware scanner that provides very comprehensive scan results that help to remove malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) manually.
What is SmartShopping?
Basically, SmartShopping is a program that tracks your web browsing and displays ads and deals. Your clicks bring some money to the publisher. This income is shared with distributors that bundle adware with free programs. That is why the installation is so deceptive for computer users, and they often think of SmartShopping and other like programs as of viruses that somehow infiltrated the system. Actually, the information about additional programs is placed somewhere for compliance with legal requirements. You need just take a careful look on setup wizards and download client to find this information, or use tools like SpyHunter that can block legitimate potentially unwanted programs (PUP) like SmartShopping and give you a warning.
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom” installation instead of “typical”, or “normal” since these options might hide adware programs.
SmartShopping Adware Removal ToolSmartShopping Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SmartShopping and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SmartShopping malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SmartShopping components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SmartShopping and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SmartShopping from Windows
First, you need to uninstall SmartShopping application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to SmartShopping adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall SmartShopping on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SmartShopping" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SmartShopping on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SmartShopping program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SmartShopping on Windows XP
Uninstalling SmartShopping from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SmartShopping program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SmartShopping from Chrome
Remove SmartShopping extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SmartShopping extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SmartShopping from Firefox
Remove SmartShopping add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SmartShopping add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SmartShopping from Internet Explorer
Remove SmartShopping extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SmartShopping, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual removal for SmartShopping is relatively easy task. However, other bundled malware and adware programs might be present on your computer. SmartShopping Removal Tool makes it easy for you to detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove SmartShopping Adware Infection Completely
SmartShopping adware might be spread in a bundle with other like programs. As a result, your system might be also infected with malicious programs used by cyber criminals for stealing money and illegal activities. After you remove SmartShopping adware you have to run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus. Then it is a good idea to scan your system with anti-malware program like SpyHunter 4. This software comes with a free professional support and a free scanners that you can use for manual malware removal, or opt for an automated removal process that is more safe and reliable.