SmootherWeb is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) responsible for ads, deals, coupons, and pop-ups displayed in your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This happens if SmootherWeb adware infected your computer when you installed it yourself, or got it installed with a free program that you download. SmootherWeb is not malicious, and your antivirus didn’t warn you on this potential threat. Now, you want to remove SmootherWeb and it is a good idea because any adware program is a potential threat to your security and privacy.
The way of installing SmootherWeb is often deceptive. If you wonder how SmootherWeb was installed on your computer, then you just failed to disable optional SmootherWeb installation offered by the download client that comes with a free program from the Internet. Various websites use bundling to monetize free program distribution. SmootherWeb is one of adware programs that is used for this purpose, and it is set to be automatically installed unless you notice it and disable SmootherWeb before installing a free program.
SmootherWeb is installed as a Windows application and as multiple web browser components installed as SmootherWeb BHO (browser helper objects), extension or add-on in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. If you want to remove SmootherWeb and to get rid of advertising in your web browser, then you need to uninstall SmootherWeb application and remove extensions related to SmootherWeb from your web browsers. It is not very difficult, and you can easily do this by following SmootherWeb removal guide placed below.
This guide helps to remove SmootherWeb manually or using special security software designed for SmootherWeb removal. SpyHunter not only removes malicious programs. It offers a real-time protection against malware and PUP (potentially unwanted programs) that are not removed by anti-virus software.
What is SmootherWeb?
Protection against deceptively installed adware:
Protect your computer with programs like SpyHunter that can trace installation process, warn you on threats, and remove malware on your demand. Otherwise, you need to pay attention to EULAs and check boxes placed in setup wizard and download clients related to a free program that you download. It helps you to notice additional programs bundled to the one you get. Always use “custom”, or “advanced”, installation option instead of “typical”, or “normal” or “quick” because these options often hide adware programs from your view.
SmootherWeb Adware Removal ToolSmootherWeb Removal Tool is a part of SpyHunter that easily remove SmootherWeb and other malicious programs found on your computer. It detects all malicious elements and tracking cookies related to SmootherWeb malware. Free scanner shows you all the details and helps to delete SmootherWeb components manually if you want. This software is timely updated and offers a free professional support for removing mutating viruses. It helps to remove stubborn PUP (potentially unwanted programs) and spyware, protects DNS connection, your web browsers, ActiveX components, and other system elements form malware infection. SpyHunter helps to guard your computer against SmootherWeb and other threats. It protects your security and privacy.
Remove SmootherWeb Ads Manually
First, you need to uninstall SmootherWeb application using “Add/Remove programs” utility. Then you need to remove web browser extensions that belong to SmootherWeb adware installed in your Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
Use the following guide for manual removal, or scan your computer with anti-malware for removing other malicious programs from your infected computer.
Uninstall SmootherWeb on Windows 8
- On Metro screen click on "Search" icon. Then, type "Remove Program" in the input box and click on "Uninstall a program" menu option.
- Select "SmootherWeb" program and click "Uninstall" button at the top of the list.
Optional: If on a desktop, right click "Start" button (or the lower left corner) to open the "Quick Access Menu". Then find and click on "Programs and Features"
Optional: Click on "Control Panel" option. Find and click "Uninstall a Program" link in the menu list placed under "Programs" menu option.
Uninstall SmootherWeb on Windows 7, Vista
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select "Control Panel" option on the right
- Click on "Programs and Features" menu option in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and highlight SmootherWeb program. Then, click "Uninstall" button and confirm program removal.
Uninstall SmootherWeb on Windows XP
Uninstalling SmootherWeb from Windows XP is very similar to one shown above. There are minor differences in a process:
- Click on "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select "Control Panel" in the menu on the right
- Find and double-click "Add/Remove Programs" list item in the Control Panel
- Search the program list and click on SmootherWeb program. Then, click "Remove" button.
Remove SmootherWeb from Chrome
Remove SmootherWeb extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on Menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings in the drop down list.
- Click on Extensions on the left to display installed Chrome extensions. Find SmootherWeb extension and click on "Remove from Chrome" icon.
- Restart your browser.
Remove SmootherWeb from Firefox
Remove SmootherWeb add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click Menu icon at the top-right corner. Click on Add-ons icon.
- Select Extensions on the sidebar. Find SmootherWeb add-on. Right-click it, and then click Remove button.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal.
Remove SmootherWeb from Internet Explorer
Remove SmootherWeb extensions from Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer click Tools icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Manage add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on left, right-click on SmootherWeb, and then click Disable option.
- Restart your web browser.
Note: Manual SmootherWeb removal is not difficult. Complex malware infection is. Other malware and adware programs might be installed on your computer. You need to remove this infections manually, or use software for detection and removal. SpyHunter and SmootherWeb Removal Tool let you detect and remove other malicious programs quickly and efficiently.
Remove SmootherWeb Adware Infection Completely
SmootherWeb is often spread in a bundle with other adware programs, and your computer might also be infected with other malware. Malicious programs are used by cyber criminals for spying on your security information, stealing your money, and using your computer as a bot for fraud. After you remove SmootherWeb adware, run full anti-virus scan with an updated version of your antivirus and use SpyHunter for anti-malware protection.